PDA

View Full Version : SC-901 Plays Back Ups

FatLadZ
Sunday 7th September 2008, 21:13
In my new C70 i noticed that the 3 disk cd player wont play copies until the laser was calibrated.
It was the same on my old C70 also.
Is this a problem on all SC-901 players?
If so do you think theres a market for laser realignment and calibration?

wellsy
Sunday 7th September 2008, 21:47
my player and multichanger in my v 70 will play back ups , but the one in my old 850 never would .

volvokid
Sunday 7th September 2008, 21:58
The SC-901 doesn’t like copies it will play some discs but it doesn't like most. I thought my laser was knackered so I got an exchange from Volvo and it was still the same unfortunately

FatLadZ
Sunday 7th September 2008, 22:09
mine wouldnt play any backups at all
and now its fine apart from KODAK ones
all the other rytek type dyes seem perfect on it :)

Azza
Monday 8th September 2008, 09:58
Could be wrong but i think it's all down to the age/make of the laser as there are people with older 901's that play all sorts of brands, but mine doesn't play ANY 750mb + CDR's, but it plays 650's fine, but you can't buy them anymore obviously!

People say it depends on what speed you burn at, but that's made no difference to me at all.

You seem to suggest from your original post that CDR's didn't work in your (brand new model ?) c70 until you had the laser calibrated ? Just how did you go about doing this ?!

To be honest it all got a bit much for me and i moved with the times and just went down the iPod route. I can't see why anyone wouldn't do this if they were listening to tunes all the time in their car, so much easier and you don't end up with piles of cds lying around!

Azza

c70Portree
Monday 8th September 2008, 10:03
how did you get your laser calibrated? most of my cd's are copies and my 99' c70 3 disk changer wont play them?

volvokid
Monday 8th September 2008, 15:13
What i've noticed with mine if you let the disc read for ages it will play them but as soon as you skip a song it won't read it again

FatLadZ
Monday 8th September 2008, 17:33
i took the top off the unit and took the cd cdrive out
then stripped it down and cleaned and calibrated the laser.
its a bit of a fiddly daunting job but the result is well worth it :D

lutonmatt
Monday 8th September 2008, 21:36
i have this on my 3cd but it has never played a copy one and does not like good ones that much will only play 4 cds that i have and they are all old country ones

but i bought a 6cd changer for the boot got a good deal off ebay £40 post a volvo one as well plays all my copyed ones now plus i can have 6 of them and no need to worry about the 3cd any more

all the wiring is there and the brackets as well so just plug it in few screws and you are away

c70Portree
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 09:25
i have this on my 3cd but it has never played a copy one and does not like good ones that much will only play 4 cds that i have and they are all old country ones

but i bought a 6cd changer for the boot got a good deal off ebay £40 post a volvo one as well plays all my copyed ones now plus i can have 6 of them and no need to worry about the 3cd any more

all the wiring is there and the brackets as well so just plug it in few screws and you are away

orite dude could you tell me what the cd changer is called? might get one for mine.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
mines the same if i leave it for ages itll play but if i skip a song it wont play

lutonmatt
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 18:55
called a changer lol sorry

this is the one i have

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/volvo-cd-disc-changer_W0QQitemZ280263245775QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem280263245775&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14