PDA

View Full Version : Dead car.Please help me!!

My T5
Sunday 7th September 2008, 16:48
Hello all.My car just died on me! I pulled up at matalan switched the car off and 15 mins later it wouldnt start.It has a spark at the cap and the sparkplug but when i checked for fuel pressure on the valve on the side of the fuel rail initially i thought it was ok cos fuel came no problem.So i held the valve in and eventually the pressure dropped and no more fuel came out,i turned the ignition back on and there was no pressure at the fuel rail.
My fuel pump had got a noisey a few days ago so all things considered im thinking along the lines of a buggered fuel pump?Any input will be much much appreciated & any prices for pumps.I was thinking uprated/performance pumps if it was the pump but havnt found one yet!Thanks all in advance.

CONDYBOY
Sunday 7th September 2008, 17:58
Don't know about uprated pumps, but it sounds like your pump is goosed imo!
An OEM pump should be more than adequate again imo.
try partsforvolvos. or contact rufe on this site.

My T5
Sunday 7th September 2008, 18:00
Right,AA man just came out and confirmed it was the pump.He tapped it with a screw driver and it started up!!So the good news is i got the car home.....and the bad news is i need a pump!!!Has anyone fitted an uprated one before??

stephenevans99
Sunday 7th September 2008, 18:00
If the pump had become noisy then it is quite possibly the pump, I'd also perhaps check the fuel pump relay. If it turns out to be the pump, I don't think there's a need to buy an uprated one unless your planning some serious mods.

God I'm slow at typing...........the AA turned up & diagnosed the faulty pump as I was typing !! lol

readview
Sunday 7th September 2008, 18:19
We can supply a good used standard pump for you at £45 inc next day shipping if you decide to stay with original spec.
Regards,Adam.