PDA

View Full Version : boost with a rica 304 fitted

johntheace
Saturday 6th September 2008, 19:48
On the white dial in the car (standerd) where should the boost needle go to under full boost ? and where does yours go please..

stephenevans99
Saturday 6th September 2008, 19:51
It should go right over to the right, at least mine did with the 280.

dant5
Sunday 7th September 2008, 11:13
i have the same, rica 304.
mine goes all the way to the end and then drops back a couple of mm

AndysR
Sunday 7th September 2008, 12:26
Off the white scale by about 1-2 mm thats with a 304 :)

But the in car boost gauge is by no means accurate and I wouldn't use it to set your boost levels. You are far better off getting an accurate boost gauge temporarly fitted so you can set the boost that way. ;)

johntheace
Thursday 11th September 2008, 14:24
i had one fitted and it is showing over boost to 1.5 bar (its as far as thegauge goes lol ) and settles 1.4 or a needle under very happy with it

Alan M
Thursday 11th September 2008, 15:58
1.5bar is very high John. Thats rod bending boost. Mine is 1.2 bar and sits there quite happily on a Rica 304. I had mine done this week at HLM Tuning. Have you had the car on some rollers to check the AFR's out at full boost?

Niles
Thursday 11th September 2008, 16:17
19psi on my 304 with other bits 'fettled'.

cameron
Thursday 11th September 2008, 16:22
This is mine with a 304 Rica.

stephenevans99
Thursday 11th September 2008, 19:30
This is mine with a 304 Rica.

I would've loved to have seen you trying to take this photo on your phone on full boost....lmao

johntheace
Saturday 13th September 2008, 18:29
1.5bar is very high John. Thats rod bending boost. Mine is 1.2 bar and sits there quite happily on a Rica 304. I had mine done this week at HLM Tuning. Have you had the car on some rollers to check the AFR's out at full boost?
I have not as yet. i have another intercooler to fit and was thinking of adding nitrous just to cool the charge down..as i have said i don't know much about tuning volvos however the principle must be the same as with any turbo motor and i have a bike nitrous system just sitting in my garage with a 15bhp jet hence the idea... i will wait till everything is fitted before i go for a rolling road as i do believe there are not many in fact only 2 i know of up my way and i have herd nightmare tales about both of them

cameron
Sunday 14th September 2008, 01:03
I would've loved to have seen you trying to take this photo on your phone on full boost....lmao

I would have as well, lol

My mate was in the back clinging to the back of my seat with his arm over my shoulder, lol. All while screamin in me ear, its still ringing now, lol.

It was on the M60 though, so not exactly a hard road to drive.

johntheace
Sunday 14th September 2008, 11:32
what gear did you boost in cameron ?. I have noticed my boost is higher in 5th

cameron
Sunday 14th September 2008, 15:35
Ive no idea to be honest, it was about 3 months ago now, all i can remember was that i was entering the Motorway down the slip road, racing my mate in his T4, could have been 3rd, 4th, or 5th, i cant really remember sorry John.