PDA

View Full Version : turbo gauges

p0xy
Saturday 6th September 2008, 17:29
can people post pics where they have the turbo gauges in the 850's please and what pod or whatever they have put them in... cheers :)

stevenb
Saturday 6th September 2008, 21:30
mine is on a pillar at bottom where it fits great and makes taking the vacuum pipe off the standard gauge for new one very simple.
Goto www.autodials.co.uk they have a great selection of a pillar pods or dash top pods and if you wanted they do a triple gauge holder for a single din radio slot so you could take out standard radio replace with single din unit and fill gap with gauges. And they are cheap too.
Will upload pics when i get 5 mins spare.

stephenevans99
Saturday 6th September 2008, 21:42
I bought an AutoGauge ( pictured) originally but soon replaced it with a Smiths gauge...far more accurate and a lovely smooth action !!??!!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/BoostGauge/BoostGauge001.jpg

Mounted in a pillar pod bought from partsforvolvosonline

badger1980
Saturday 6th September 2008, 22:50
Im very tempted by the digital gauges any recommendation

p0xy
Sunday 7th September 2008, 11:41
so how easy are these to be put in?? also has the 850 t5 got a dunp valve as when turbo kicks in and i change gear i can hear the sound like a dump valve

Alan M
Sunday 7th September 2008, 11:57
The gauges are pretty easy jobs to do. Just take your electrical supply from the igniton switched live and the vac reference from the original gauge. A standard Td04hl turbo has a recirc valve fitted as standard to the side of the compressor housing on the turbo.

p0xy
Saturday 13th September 2008, 07:59
cheers mate :)

Dan850T5
Sunday 14th September 2008, 15:40
so how easy are these to be put in?? also has the 850 t5 got a dunp valve as when turbo kicks in and i change gear i can hear the sound like a dump valve

Yeah they have a standard Re-circ valve which you can hear ever so slightly.

If you were to fit an aftermarket blow off valve you need to blank the re-circ off with a plate that can be bought from partsforvolvos