PDA

View Full Version : is it standard?

stevenb
Thursday 4th September 2008, 22:22
after fitting my mbc my mate the volvo mastertech says it faster than a R and now were wondering if the car is standard. we set the boost to a steady 10 psi and runs like a dream.
Got to 130 in 4th put it into top when some kind oap pulled out on us causing us to test my new brakes to the limit (thankfully they worked)
He reckons we could have easily cleared 150mph which makes us wonder if itv has been chipped as he says it pulls better than a lot of chipped motors hes driven.
The power is there from the start and it just seems to keep pulling right to the limiter.
This is by far the fastest thing ive driven and if it is standard i would love to see a chipped one in action.

Alan M
Thursday 4th September 2008, 22:24
Just sounds like a normal good T5.

stevenb
Thursday 4th September 2008, 22:32
if i knew they were this good id have got one years ago.
But how much better will it be with a remap?
To be honest alan i think i will take a few weeks getting to grips with what i got now maybe even send it my local rolling road and see how many horses are still around.
Like the sticker says on my wagon cab 580 horses and one donkey (the driver)

philt6
Thursday 4th September 2008, 22:45
after fitting my mbc my mate the volvo mastertech says it faster than a R and now were wondering if the car is standard. we set the boost to a steady 10 psi and runs like a dream.
Got to 130 in 4th put it into top when some kind oap pulled out on us causing us to test my new brakes to the limit (thankfully they worked)
He reckons we could have easily cleared 150mph which makes us wonder if itv has been chipped as he says it pulls better than a lot of chipped motors hes driven.
The power is there from the start and it just seems to keep pulling right to the limiter.
This is by far the fastest thing ive driven and if it is standard i would love to see a chipped one in action.

Do you reaally want to be stating what speed you were doing on a public road?

Ed.
Thursday 4th September 2008, 22:47
Remap changes a standard car totally. Never been in one with mbc so can't really comment. Remapped car would leave a standard car trailing by at least a second in a quarter mile drag.

Ed

stevenb
Thursday 4th September 2008, 22:59

its alright i was'nt driving i was just hanging on in passenger seat

stevenb
Thursday 4th September 2008, 23:06
Remap changes a standard car totally. Never been in one with mbc so can't really comment. Remapped car would leave a standard car trailing by at least a second in a quarter mile drag.

Ed

cheers Ed. Thinking of leaving as it is for now as i think im gonna have a chat with the guy at my local rolling road to get an idea of what difference a remap will make as at the minute the car is very fast but very drivable even at low speeds which to me is the perfect combination and i wont want to remap if it compromises low speed urban driving

stevenb
Thursday 4th September 2008, 23:11

you have a valid point mate but i can assure you this car wont be doing this speed on public roads with me behind the wheel and i only let the mechanic do it cos he wanted to make sure car had no problems.
I'm very fortunate in that i live near a disused airfield and i know the guy who owns it so if i want to play in my car i can take it there.