PDA

View Full Version : help needed s60 d5

hoppsy
Thursday 4th September 2008, 11:00
I have a s60 d5 05 model and lastnight a fault came up saying brake failure, anti slip failure and brake lights staying on speedo not working. I have disconected battery and unplugged pedal sensor and its still showing the same any help or advice would be appreciated.

wegal
Thursday 4th September 2008, 11:44
Going to sound odd, but have you checked you havent blown a fuse ? Seems strange that you should get a brake warning and then speedo not work.

Baj
Thursday 4th September 2008, 14:36
Sounds like an ABS issue. It could just be a loose or knacked sensor.
If one goes it thinks one wheel is statoinary while the other is spinning so it flags a warning light.

Brake light and speedo make me think it is probably more a serious problem in the module.

Getting your codes read would be the best place to start.

hoppsy
Thursday 4th September 2008, 21:33
I took it to my friends garage and got it plugged in and was just saying abs failure, So he rang a auto electrition and he said he had an audi in doing the same thing so would probably best off taking it to dealer. I searched a couple of posts on here do to with brakes but even though they werent s60s buty they said about the plug on the abs unit, we checked fuses then disconected the battery again and took air box out and loosend fuse box and unplugged the abs plug which was a bit corroded so cleaned it up and put it back together and nothing changed (gutted) After contemplating what to do i got in it to come home and when i pulled away he shouted me back and said the lights had gone off which is what i was most bothered about as they stayed on when the car was locked. after getting home i said to the wife we'll have a ride over the dealers but when i got ack in the car and fired it up they had gone off (wwhoopee) and computer was reading 1 fault anti slip so i played about with stc switch and reset switch and it went off so now everything is working apart from the time.

DaveS60D5
Wednesday 17th September 2008, 09:34
My bro AlV70T5 had a very similar problem to this. I think it ended up being his ABS unit which he completely replaced - bought one cheaply off ebay.

He did a similar thing completely disconnecting all the wiring around the fusebox and ABS plug & sensors and cleaning it up, and the fault went for a couple of weeks then came back.

He tells me that the positive spiggot that you use to jump start at the front is prone to getting corroded up though so I took mine apart and cleaned it up anyway.

I have a 51 plate D5.