PDA

View Full Version : kumo tyres

adey
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 23:14
hi iv got to get sum new tyres has any ran some kumo 205-45 x 17 if so any good

V70R999
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 23:18
No help on the kumo's. I run toyo T1R's and get them from black circles as cheapest I can find.

nobananas
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 23:31
Had Kumho on a set of Volans that I bought from a member. They seemed okay, can't say I noticed a massive difference when I fitted Goodyears afterwards. I've put a set of Nexen 6000's on my old Columbas to use as 'motorway' wheels (205/55/16, a bit more 'forgiving' and comfy !) and so far can't say they seem too bad. Wet and dry grip seems reasonable, I'll see if my view changes after a week in the Lakes with them on. I don't think there is really a 'bad' middle range tyre out there now, grip may wear may vary but not like in the bad old days of 'Warriors' and the such where cornering in the wet involved slowing to a crawl and getting your passengers to all 'lean in' !!

ahhpigsy
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 23:51
I had a set of Kumos and they were ok if a little hard. Had pirreli P Zeros and the car shredded these in 3500 miles, the Kumos lasted much better but as a harder compound they were a little skittish in the wet.

Hope this helps

steve

Chad
Thursday 4th September 2008, 01:07
i dont like kumho, not enough grip. im quite liking the conti sport 3 im using at the moment.

Alan M
Thursday 4th September 2008, 07:58
Go for Toyo proxes T1R or the PX4s. They last very well and are brilliant in both the wet and dry, from personal experience on a couple of cars. You can get great prices from Camskill tyres online and they deliver for free.

dob
Thursday 4th September 2008, 09:24
I have a set of Kumos on my R. I was a little dubious when my local tyre guy told me they are a good all rounder but at the time i was a bit skint and he gave me them for a good price. I have dad no probs with them. Plenty of grip in both wet and dry. (I tend not to push it too hard in the wet)
I would recommend them to anyone as a good all round budget tyre.
I think they are Kumo exsta spt (poor spelling) not sure but can check later. They are 205/40/17.
Dob

adey
Thursday 4th September 2008, 10:47
hi all i think i will give them a go cos the tyres on at mo are crap , i can get them spining on a hot day after iv done 10 miles to warm them up and theyve still got about 4mm of tread