PDA

View Full Version : more mbc advice please

stevenb
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 20:41
fitted my mbc today.
removed pipe from actuator solenoid(round thing with multiplug and 3 vac pipes) placed the one from under the turbo to my mbc and the one from the actuator to other side of mbc and left middle pipe from solenoid to air intake pipe where it is. Is this correct and should i blank off the 2 exposed outlets on solenoid?
Now adjusted mbc to desired pressure 12psi and heres what we now get
1st gear 4psi boost
2nd gear 12psi boost
3rd gear 12 psi boost
4th gear 12psi boost
5th gear 12psi boost
took it for a 3 mile test run on my private motorway and car now goes like a rocket have no warning lights on and no running issues like cutting out etc.
The car is standard except pipercross induction kit and bailey dump valve.
(drilled and grooved discs and strut brace so it stops and turns)
And finally my question is are there any signs i should be looking out for that i'm gonna kill my car or i've done something wrong.

Alan M
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 20:48
Strange you only get 4psi in first. I get what ever I set mine to in every gear. Get yourself a wideband lambda kit if you want to monitor your AFR readings. That way you can see how your car is running on the move. Its the best way to monitor for running lean scenarios.

stevenb
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 20:52
is running lean an issue at this boost pressure.
Also could'nt leave it in first as it was just spinning wheels

dooby
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 23:16
Hiya,

12psi doesn't sound dangerous for running lean but if you want to be sure either get a wideband sensor or take it to a dyno for a quick run. You might even find a friendly MOT tester would be able to tell you something if their kit will do it.

Strange about the boost in 1st gear, I've heard of later cars protecting themselves in lower gears but I didn't think 850s did it...

Cheers, Pete

stevenb
Thursday 4th September 2008, 08:07
even when the car was standard it never used to boost much in first it was like it reached redline before boost pressure got to max.
gonna give it a good test run today see what happens