PDA

View Full Version : Power / performance figures?

BigV
Tuesday 2nd September 2008, 20:43
Anyone know what the power and performance figures are for a C70 T5 GT auto?

Just picked up my new car and it makes my previous two 850 T5's feel incredibly slow.

I don't know if this new one has been chipped or something, but it takes off like a rocket - easily faster then my previous MBC'd 850.

lance
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 10:18
240 BHP as stock and 330 nm available from 2400 rpm-5100 rpm I think, im supprised it feels quicker than an 850 T5. Could well be chipped or just a very very good example made by a volvo mechanic that had a great weekend lol!

Filterlab
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 12:28
There's a lot less bodywork and glass on the C70, plus smaller rear seats and less interior. The lower weight and newer mechanicals are going to play a large part, plus the torque converters take up very quickly.

These are the specs anyway:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Filterlab/c70perffig.jpg

Liddo
Thursday 4th September 2008, 14:34
My manual seems sluggish compared to my 850 and S70's, BUT, this
engine is the VVT version (ME7) so i guess they need to be in the rev range more. (thats my thinking anyway, I might be wrong!)

I wreckon you have a chipped one ;) maybe the 280bhp "warm" version

BigV
Monday 8th September 2008, 16:33
Hmm, I don't know how to tell if it is chipped or not, maybe it is just in better condition that my previous T5's?

After more driving, I can say that it is actually maybe slightly slower from 0 to 30mph, but it takes off over 30........ much more so than my previous T5's

I want to get it chipped anyway, so I guess when I send the ECU away for chipping I will find out if it already has non-standard software, as they wont be able to write over it I imagine?

BlackC70
Monday 8th September 2008, 21:22
11m turning circle??? that must be on a good day...

I think the Exxon Valdez could out turn mine!

siamblue
Monday 8th September 2008, 22:34
I feel the same about my standard manual V70 T5 2000 classic it seems the fastest of all the cars i have had standard,
First gear seems taller too for some reason,

Gary