PDA

View Full Version : problem holding steady speed.

blackbooty
Monday 25th April 2005, 21:42
hi all,whilst holding a steady throttle position,i am finding the revs are climing by a couple of hundred rpm for a couple of seconds and then dropping back for a second then climbing again. Its happening at all road speeds and is very consistant. up by 200 rpm for 2 secs,back down for one sec,up by200 ect.
Any ideas?

racer
Monday 25th April 2005, 22:45
Wild guesses here, but idle valve or aircon compressor compensation valve playing up?

blackbooty
Monday 25th April 2005, 22:49
Wild guesses here, but idle valve or aircon compressor compensation valve playing up?
Ta racer,will investigate your leads.
wayne.

blackbooty
Monday 25th April 2005, 22:56
thinking about what you said racer on the a.c.c.v,when i put my aircon on it sounds like it turns on (compresses) for a couple of seconds and then shuts down for a couple of seconds and does that constantly,on off,on off.
too much of a coincidence i think.
on it tomorow.
ta.

racer
Tuesday 26th April 2005, 09:04
Switch the aircon off and pull the fuse. If the problem goes away, you're on to something.

blackbooty
Tuesday 26th April 2005, 11:11
Switch the aircon off and pull the fuse. If the problem goes away, you're on to something.
tried fuse 31 removal,but had no effect.
cant reproduce ac compressor on/off prob now either.
as my idle speed is rock solid,i guess that counts out the idle valve being faulty.
thanks,wayne.

glock19
Tuesday 26th April 2005, 16:50
Have you ever heard of the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculating) Valve ? This could act up too you know ?