PDA

View Full Version : Nuts !

nobananas
Tuesday 2nd September 2008, 19:33
Fitted a new abs sensor to the rear today and whilst there I happened to notice that one of the rear strut top mounts was knackered !. Wasn't bad enough yet to be thumping on my shopping but may well have been bad enough to explain the fidgety feeling in my rear (or that might be the curry I had) and possible the slight vibration I've been feeling through the floor of the car that prompted me to change my wheels and tyres....again ! (I hope not or they'll be trouble !) I go on holiday Thursday and it seems determined to stay at home !

Alan M
Tuesday 2nd September 2008, 20:50
Just think how much better you'll feel about fixing it, lol. You work on cars yet you failed to check your basics before changing stuff, you silly man.:duck:

nobananas
Tuesday 2nd September 2008, 21:51
Just think how much better you'll feel about fixing it, lol. You work on cars yet you failed to check your basics before changing stuff, you silly man.:duck:

LOL ! Wasn't that I didn't check 'em, I didn't even think to check them as I replaced them a while ago !. When will I learn that rubbery stuff off parts for Volvo's doesn't last long !....another lunchtime at work spent without lunch !

Alan M
Tuesday 2nd September 2008, 22:44
Only joking. Its a pig when something like that happens. At least you have got your lunch break to do it in lol.

nobananas
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 19:51
All done now. Place your bets as to whether it will get me too and from the Lakes without issue. The last time the NSF brake caliper seized on resulting in a hour long pit-stop while I stripped the brake caliper on the hard shoulder and the time before that a turbo pipe blew at full boost, at XXX miles an hour in the outer lane ! (scared me £££££less I can tell you !). Third time lucky I guess.

Alan M
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 20:21
Good luck, sounds like you will need it,lol.