PDA

View Full Version : C70 Alarm after flat battery woes Arrrgggghhhh

AndyJudge
Tuesday 2nd September 2008, 08:15
Morning All,

My 3yr Old (Bless Him) managed to leave his interior light on in the C70 on Thursday evening & we then went away for the weekend.

Yesterday when trying to start the car mmm dead as a dodo, so off came the battery & on-charge overnight.

This morning On went the battery & Off went the Alarm, could I get the Bl**dy thing to shut up could I heck, I'm guessing the Alarm backup battery had also run down when the battery went flat & it would accept a disarm command from the remote until it had some charge back in it.

Am I correct ? Is there any way of stopping this from happening again ?

Feel free to PM me with any process for switching off Alarm Siren or getting keyfobs back into sync following flat battery moment.

Even had alarm sound with Engine running so switching on ignition & disarming immobiliser didn't fix it.

It eventually shut up after about 5mins but I feel an apology note going out to the neighbours when I get home from work is needed.

Needless to say Reading lights in the back of the car are having the bulbs removed when I get home.

Andy

paullus
Tuesday 9th September 2008, 17:45
Hi
Below are links to topics I started regarding the alarm siren and its battery.
They may be of help.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16272&highlight=Alarm+siren

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16452&highlight=Alarm+siren

However the back up battery is only there to power the alarm siren if an attempt is made to steal the car and kill the alarm by disconnecting the main battery.
The key fobs shouldn't lose sync just because the main battery has gone flat.
As described in the links above my back-up battery died but the remote central locking still worked despite its poor range which was a separate issue with the remote sensor.
My alarm occasionaly went off for no reason. It hasn't done it since I replaced the siren battery.
When it did it on holiday this year I resorted to locking the car with the key this way the alarm wasn't set so it couldn't go off.
Unfortunately however I sometimes think Volvo utilise a certain amount of black magic in their electronics which is difficult to get around :)