PDA

View Full Version : Removing Aircon

shemtek_racing
Monday 1st September 2008, 19:44
im wanting to remove the aircon from my ovlov v70 t5 does anyone know if they made the T5 with out aircon as i need a shorter Timing Belt

dooby
Monday 1st September 2008, 20:39
Hiya,

phase 2's aren't my area of expertise but I'm pretty sure they'll have done a T5 without air-con. Maybe have a look at the selection of belts available on PartsForVolvos:

www.partsforvolvos.com

or ask Rufe who works in a Volvo parts department?

Cheers, Pete

Tomcat
Monday 1st September 2008, 21:01
I don't think the timing belt drives the pump does it?, I thought that was the auxiliary belt.

dooby
Monday 1st September 2008, 21:04
Good spot TC! 'tis true, you *don't* want a shorter timing belt :-)

Cheers, Pete

shemtek_racing
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 20:10
cheers TC maybe i should have looked first lol a shorter AUX belt should be a peice of cake as long as the configuration of the pulley's allows you to miss out the air con pump with out the addition of a dummy pulley will have a good look this weekend ill post my findings if anyones interested?

rs_andy
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 22:57
Dont think there's a shoter aux belt, I think you have to buy a pully for it that just goes in place of the compressor.

IIRC loadsamiles has removed his this way......

adey
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 23:18
im wanting to remove the aircon from my ovlov v70 t5 does anyone know if they made the T5 with out aircon as i need a shorter Timing Belt

hi chap iv got an 850 t5 took my air con off went to local car shop and got a auxiliary belt off the shelf £ 12 quid

shemtek_racing
Friday 5th September 2008, 19:39
yeah i think you can match up a belt from the numbers on them i think the belt is groved both sides is that right?

pault5
Friday 5th September 2008, 20:04
Removed the air con from my 850, well RT removed some and I removed the compressor. Shorter belt from Rufe no problem. Exept on our sweltering summer when the air con comes in handy...not.
Paul

shemtek_racing
Sunday 14th September 2008, 13:16
had a good look at doing this the only problem i can see is that the belt will have much less contact with the alternator pulley how much contact does there need to be for it not to slip?