PDA

View Full Version : Sods law, abs light !

nobananas
Friday 29th August 2008, 19:36
Going on holiday on Thursday and the soddin' ABS light's come on on the missus's way home from work !. Now I've repaired 2 abs ecu's at work for customers before but I can't remember which connnections in the ecu are the culprits. Anybody know what's happened to the repair guide that used to be in the help section as that's what I've used before (otherwise I'll re-solder everything !)

Alan M
Friday 29th August 2008, 19:39
http://www.freewebs.com/dacvolvo/absrepair.htm

Here you go NB. Don't stick a srewdriver in to split it though. I would if I were you break the outer lip off completely as there is enough to seal against after.

nobananas
Friday 29th August 2008, 19:44
http://www.freewebs.com/dacvolvo/absrepair.htm

Here you go NB. Don't stick a srewdriver in to split it though. I would if I were you break the outer lip off completely as there is enough to seal against after.

That's the one Alan !, recognize it now (was the same one I'd used before), had it my head that it was in the help section for some reason. Thanks mate.

Alan M
Friday 29th August 2008, 20:19
;)No probs.

nobananas
Saturday 30th August 2008, 19:33
Darn it !. Just spent an eternity scraping all that 'orrible silicon off (I've never got it to come off in a nice clean strip like shown !) re-soldered it and stuck it back on, no change. Just pulse tested the rears and the osr sensor is dead :slap: (yes I know, should have checked 'em first !). Guess what I'll be ordering Monday !

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 31st August 2008, 21:44
Ah, but your abs ecu would've needed doing eventually mate, probably in the near future, so its one job out the way!!

Mass production soldering is absolutely ££££e, I had to resolder the fuel pump relay on my old 940 as the pump kept cutting out, and it was £25 for a new relay for the sake of a few dry joints!!

Alan M
Sunday 31st August 2008, 21:52
Darn it !. Just spent an eternity scraping all that 'orrible silicon off (I've never got it to come off in a nice clean strip like shown !) re-soldered it and stuck it back on, no change. Just pulse tested the rears and the osr sensor is dead :slap: (yes I know, should have checked 'em first !). Guess what I'll be ordering Monday !

Bad luck. As Bomb said though its a job done and out the way. You should have just used a sharp blade or similar hen lift it off with tweezers as I did.

nobananas
Sunday 31st August 2008, 22:29
Bad luck. As Bomb said though its a job done and out the way. You should have just used a sharp blade or similar hen lift it off with tweezers as I did.

LOL, I did mate. Used a scalpel and 2 pairs of the wifes best tweezers !. Just unlucky I guess.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 31st August 2008, 23:28
Mine was the same NB, didn't come off neatly at all, just a mess afterwards, but hey it worked.

tomtyres
Monday 1st September 2008, 14:34
Is the abs unit the same as this on a p-reg 850 t-5?

Dangerous Dave
Monday 1st September 2008, 17:44
Are you looking to repair yours tom? if so then they are more or less the same inside probably not swappable though.

Alan M
Monday 1st September 2008, 17:59
They are the same on the 96 model 850 T5, thats what mine is and NBs I think.