PDA

View Full Version : manual boost controller

stevenb
Thursday 28th August 2008, 22:21
first thanks to all for the help in my previous thread.
Based on those replies i looked at the forge manual boost control valve on parts for volvo and was hoping for any comments on if they any good and also if any one can recommend a good mbc i would be most grateful

badger1980
Thursday 28th August 2008, 23:08
Get yourself a decent boost gauge first so u can monitor the boost levels and only increase it in very small increments the problem with mbc they can cause boost spikes a ebc would be better

Alan M
Friday 29th August 2008, 10:24
Badger is right. I have an MBC fitted on my car but if I did it from the start again I would have got a good electronic Boost controller. I am still going to get one anyway to complement the map I intend to get. So it would have been more cost effective for me to get an EBC first. For a top spec one though you would be looking at around £250 whereas a boost gauge and MBC would come in under £50 so you can see which way most people go. The one on PFS is a bleed valve if its the one I'm thinking about.

hd9584
Friday 29th August 2008, 18:38
I got an R spec mbc its been on about a year now with no problems. Easy to fit and about £25.00 delivered.

stevenb
Friday 29th August 2008, 19:30
thanks guys alrerady got a good boost gauge fitted so just deciding mbc or ebc. funds are tight so may go for manual and take badgers advice

CONDYBOY
Friday 29th August 2008, 22:20
I've yet to fit my mbc that I got from r-spec, call them up for a 15% discount and a chat the guy there is really helpful.