PDA

View Full Version : nospark t5 850

stevie
Friday 5th November 2004, 21:40
hi im new member ive got a 96 t5 estate , i drove the car a short distance when i picked the car up drove fine no strange nnoises from engine and parked it up for the night. Went out at 8.30 in the morning and turned her over and she would not fire up, so called rac out and he said that it was the crank sencer os got one of them fitted it to car and still does not work there still is no spark from coil but there is juice goinng up to coil is there anyone that has some idea what else it could be. Many thanks steve

madness
Saturday 6th November 2004, 12:56
maybe the camshaft position sensor on the end of the head.

cswminty
Thursday 11th November 2004, 12:08
:mad: i'm having exactly the same problem with my 850T5 R. Someone has told me that it may have gone into hibernation mode. Now i know it's green but i'm sure it's not a Tortoise :)

Bracer
Wednesday 17th November 2004, 15:03
hi im new member ive got a 96 t5 estate , i drove the car a short distance when i picked the car up drove fine no strange nnoises from engine and parked it up for the night. Went out at 8.30 in the morning and turned her over and she would not fire up, so called rac out and he said that it was the crank sencer os got one of them fitted it to car and still does not work there still is no spark from coil but there is juice goinng up to coil is there anyone that has some idea what else it could be. Many thanks steve

I second Cam sensor, the T5's are known for them.