PDA

View Full Version : 16T Turbo

Tiny 12
Wednesday 27th August 2008, 14:43
I have seen a 16T turbo for sale pretty cheap…it has a 90 day guarantee as well from a reputable Volvo breakers

I was wondering would this be worth fitting to my 854(it’s a 1995 manual with no air con)? Would there be a noticeable power increase? I was also thinking of getting it remapped as well….would the addition of the 16t improve perfornacce further with the remap or would I just be better off getting the remap and not bothering with 16T the turbo.

Ok last question…if I was to get a 16t what else would n need to upgrade/change to run it successfully on my engine??

Thanks for your time.

Alan M
Wednesday 27th August 2008, 18:36
You will need a downpipe to fit it. It will give a noticeable increase after a map. You could just remove the core from it then fit it into the 15g turbine housing if you wanted. I have a 3 inch downpie for sale to suit a 16t if your interested.

Wombatbomb
Wednesday 27th August 2008, 19:43
You will need a downpipe to fit it. It will give a noticeable increase after a map. You could just remove the core from it then fit it into the 15g turbine housing if you wanted. I have a 3 inch downpie for sale to suit a 16t if your interested.

Depends which 16T it is, they came with straight and angled flanges.

Alan M
Wednesday 27th August 2008, 20:04
You can use the core from most model TD04 turbos in all the different turbine cores of the same TD04 seriesas they are mostly all the same size. I have the straight outlet downpipe for sale to suit a 16t. I am fitting an angled 16t on my car hopefully this Saturday with a 3 inch downpipe to suit it.