PDA

View Full Version : Wing Mirror Casing, how does it come off?

Liddo
Tuesday 26th August 2008, 11:06
As title says, how the hell to you get the backs off of these wing mirrors???

I have a C70, and want to replace both mirrors, but I want to swap the backs, as the replacement units are the wrong colours!

Cheers

Paul

Al115
Tuesday 26th August 2008, 11:43
Clip a telegraph pole? :)

Liddo
Tuesday 26th August 2008, 13:36
Clip a telegraph pole? :)

PMSL, thats my LAST resort ;)

Pandamedic
Tuesday 26th August 2008, 17:06
If memory serves me. Take the mirror out/off and you'll see the inside back of the wing mirror and housing. You should see some plastic clips that are attached to the covers that holds it to the door mirror. Pinch these together and push and it should come off. Dont forget the ones closest to the door frame too.

Liddo
Tuesday 26th August 2008, 22:28
If memory serves me. Take the mirror out/off and you'll see the inside back of the wing mirror and housing. You should see some plastic clips that are attached to the covers that holds it to the door mirror. Pinch these together and push and it should come off. Dont forget the ones closest to the door frame too.

Cheers for that, BUT! Have you ever tried to remove the mirror itself??? I read the distructions on here, i.e Tilt the mirror ALL the way up, and then yank on it. Well, I did this, and would it ££££ come off! How hard have ya gotta tug on it for gods sake? Felt like I was going to smash the mirror in my hands.

Anyway, the only reason I need to change them, is the drivers side wont go left to right, but you can hear the motor going, and the passenger mirror wobbles on the motorway, like the glass is loose :( A right PITA

Tomcat
Wednesday 27th August 2008, 00:22
They do just pull off but they are DAMN TIGHT!. The mirror backs on 850's are held on by small torx screws behind the glass, not sure if it's the same for C70's.

Pandamedic
Wednesday 27th August 2008, 08:10
yer give it a good pull. If you can hear the motor running and the mirror doesn't move, could be the little plastic bits that connect the motor to the mirror are broke. That's what happened when someone hit my wing mirror.

I just went on ebay and got a replacement one as it was cheaper and easier then getting a new heated mirror and fixing the broken plastic arms on the motor

Liddo
Wednesday 27th August 2008, 08:12
They do just pull off but they are DAMN TIGHT!. The mirror backs on 850's are held on by small torx screws behind the glass, not sure if it's the same for C70's.

Cheers TC. It felt DAMN DAMN tight to me. Nearly snapped me fingers, never mind the glass!

Will give it another go later ;)

stephenevans99
Wednesday 27th August 2008, 08:54
If you fold your mirrors in so the mirror glass is facing the door window, isn't there two small tabs located in the now exposed end of the mirror housing, I'm sure you can press these in and then 'work' the housing off......not sure though...lol

Liddo
Wednesday 27th August 2008, 10:50
If you fold your mirrors in so the mirror glass is facing the door window, isn't there two small tabs located in the now exposed end of the mirror housing, I'm sure you can press these in and then 'work' the housing off......not sure though...lol

Cheers, will give that a go too!

It all helps ;)

martybelfastt5
Saturday 20th September 2008, 21:58
yep fold right in tight,,,press on two clips an they come off,,,,,

Liddo
Sunday 21st September 2008, 12:54
yep fold right in tight,,,press on two clips an they come off,,,,,

Yip, I can confirm thats the way to do it ;)