PDA

View Full Version : Suspension upgrade??

dannt5
Sunday 24th August 2008, 11:09
My 850R is just about how i want it..at last..only thing needing doing now is the supsension.Has anybody got any ideas on which is the best setup for the road.I've already tried koni adjustables but didn't think much to them.I ordered some Ohlins units last week (£1300!!) but when they arrived there were only the front struts in the box...the guy i got them from,like me also thought that price was for a full kit....not just the fronts...ouch..quickly returned em!!

Redbrick
Sunday 24th August 2008, 17:24
You were prepared to pay £1300 for Ohlins OMG :yikes:

There should have been rear shocks in there as well as far as I know- but no springs.

Might help if we knew why you didn't like the Konis- too harsh or another reason?

I had Monroes on mine at one stage but didn't rate them. I then went KW coilover which suffered from the KW bounce but were amazing in the twisties and on smooth roads- no good on a 'family' car though.

Using Bilsteins B6's on my D5 and really like them, absorb small bumps well but are firm through corners.

dannt5
Sunday 24th August 2008, 20:36
I did check if the ohlins kit should have came with rear shocks but apparently not,they were another 800quid!!! I didnt rate the koni's because the car seemed to understeer more that stock,tried setting it up for a couple of weeks & kept using the same route to test it but never gave me the same feeling as stock setup...just felt like driving a trampoline.Id be intrested to no what the billys are like,im just looking contemplating some KYB's at mo.