PDA

View Full Version : RTI help

Nixie
Friday 22nd August 2008, 21:41
Hi, just bought a RTI system off ebay which is complete out of a C70 and i am gonna fit it in to my V70, can anyone please help me by telling me what goes where as its a rats nest at mo

Nixie
Sunday 24th August 2008, 19:40
Found a foreign site with pics, http://www.krypet.net/rti/

badger1980
Tuesday 26th August 2008, 01:18
good luck with that mate let me know how it goes ive been thinking about doing that except with a screen

Nixie
Wednesday 27th August 2008, 21:18
Will do,got the mitchell on demand cd's off ebay and they have the wiring diagram on

badger1980
Thursday 28th August 2008, 22:11
can u send me the wiring diagram and ill c if i can work it out for u? will u be doing a how to once its all installed ? my email is gordonquick@yahoo.com

Nixie
Monday 1st September 2008, 17:24
Sorry i didnt get back to you earlier as i havent been on the computer, i got it working, just needs a bit of the lower dash as i had to cut out the storage bin under the glovebox. as regards an how to i didnt take any photo's wish i had.

badger1980
Thursday 4th September 2008, 13:31
Ill be giving u a shout once i can get my hands on a decent rti system ive seen a few but most have been broke when the owners have tryed to remove them

Nixie
Friday 5th September 2008, 19:29
Very easy to fit, i had to cut my dash as it didnt have the cut out, but still looks ok and i dont have the lower dash part so i removed the oddments tray and covered the hole with fabric. I can send you a wiring diagram for it and the website http://www.krypet.net/rti/ helped a lot, when you get one pm me and i will send you pics of mine

badger1980
Saturday 6th September 2008, 11:26
Thanks for the linky ive bookmarked it lol the wiring diagram would be realy usefulli could build a mini wiring harness so its just plug and play when i get it hopefully

Nixie
Saturday 6th September 2008, 12:32
The RTI i bought came with all the wiring which made it easy, i bought the top part of a dash to practice on before cutting mine

badger1980
Saturday 6th September 2008, 22:58
im not realy concerned much with cutting the dash once its done it can be repaired lol ive got a good mate whos a dab hand with a router lol

Nixie
Monday 8th September 2008, 19:31
I used a cardboard template and cut the dash with a scalpel and then removed the sponge revealing the hard plastic which you could cut with a router easily, the sat nav looks good on top off the dash but not as good as a recessed one