PDA

View Full Version : Very Poorly S40 T5,Help Needed!

Fatman
Thursday 21st August 2008, 14:58
2004 S40 T5.
Had the car superchipped and a K&N appollo fitted with excellent BHP increase shown on rolling road.
The problem is 5 days after this was done the car came to a juddering holt.After returning from a 100 mile round trip at low speed the car was idling for 20-30 seconds and just spluttered to a holt.It didnt want to restart.Some hours later i went back to the car whilst waiting for the breakdown guy and tried to restart the car,it sort of started but smoked little crazy and was only running on 4 cylinders.
It was taken to the Volvo main dealer who diagnosed this to be number 4 injector had failed so replaced it but the car is still very poorly and they have told me the engine is filling up with fuel and they dont appear to know what to do.Anyone ?????????

Al115
Thursday 21st August 2008, 15:31
I'd compression-check all the cylinders for starters. And read the fault codes, if Volvo haven't cleared them? No idea why the engine is "filling up with fuel" though!

Frankly I'm amazed that Volvo are touching it if it's been SuperChipped...

Alan M
Thursday 21st August 2008, 17:52
Sounds like a problem inside the map that may be causing the overfuelling problem. If its a newer model did you have a chip fitted or did you just plug in a hand held unit and upload a new map? If you uploaded it yourself could you not restore the original map and see if the problem remains?

readview
Thursday 21st August 2008, 18:14
Sound like a certain problem with the ecu being told porkys by the remap,if it is overfuelling to this extent you dont want to run the car until it's sorted though as the fuel will be filling the sump and removing the protection the oil offers to the engine.Also,it will damage further injectors and destroy the cat in a short time.Return the car to standard,change the oil and filter and keep fingers crossed.

wegal
Friday 22nd August 2008, 13:41
Or god forbid..... you have run it to lean on a remap and melted a hole in a piston.

daveforber
Friday 22nd August 2008, 23:18
If it is that bad (I hope it isn't) Superchips does offer a warranty for faults directly attributable to the modification. See http://www.superchips.co.uk/warranty.php.

If this is a new shape S40, did you get a message on the computer? I had a similar issue with an S60 when a sensor just popped out - it ran terribly, stunk of petrol and Volvo charged by £80 to plug it back in.