PDA

View Full Version : Where do they hide the connector?

CONDYBOY
Wednesday 20th August 2008, 17:32
I'm trying to retrofit an on board computer set of clocks but I can't find the connector for the "reset/selector" switch that goes into the centre console!:(

Does anybody know where the volvo people hide it when its not being used?

CONDYBOY
Wednesday 20th August 2008, 19:15
Does nobody know?

MIKESC70T5
Wednesday 20th August 2008, 20:10
Can't help with the connector, but i'd be surprised if it just involves plugging in. Usually you need the software to be loaded to the car from Volvo. I enquired on my c70, the switch was only £23, but the software download was £180 lol.

badger1980
Thursday 28th August 2008, 23:04
I thought the wiring looms were all the same or at least the fitted all the connectors for the optional extras in the standard looms

CONDYBOY
Friday 29th August 2008, 22:35
I think they are but I can't find the connector for the jog/reset switch which should be behind the radio! It isn't in easy finding so the question is where do they hide it???

Dangerous Dave
Friday 29th August 2008, 22:48
It should be wrapped up against the main loom somewhere. Its got to be about 10 inches or more away from the loom, so you need to check along it 10 inches in either direction. Either that or its not there.

What year is your car?

Here's a diagram of the wiring connectors, sorry but I'm havin trouble dechiphering which one is the right one, as I can't find the connector codes
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/bomb192uk/v40wiring.jpg

Justin
Saturday 30th August 2008, 08:10
On the 40 series for his year of car there is no software update needed like the 60/70/80 series cars :)

Like bomb says, it must be there somewhere as all the looms are the same.......

readview
Sunday 31st August 2008, 16:19
I have a V40 paramedic car here without info,so i'll have a look tomorrow and let you know.

CONDYBOY
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 20:36
Thanks guys, all this help is great, I've sliced my bloody hand open on a sharp metal edge on the radio :( I'll find the bloody connector if it kills me.

Readview you have a pm

jonno12
Wednesday 3rd September 2008, 20:39
ouch not good mate hope you get it all sorted in the end

CONDYBOY
Saturday 6th September 2008, 00:24
So do I mate. any luck anybody? I still can't find it!

badger1980
Saturday 6th September 2008, 11:20
Hmmmmmmm don't get this it should be there the wiring harness are mainly all standard items meaning all the plugs should be there even if certain items aren't being used

CONDYBOY
Saturday 4th October 2008, 22:28
I agree badger but all I can find that's not being used is a small two pin connector behind the glovebox. I have a feeling I may have to either hardwire the switch into the loom or remove the entire dash to find this bloody connector.:(

CONDYBOY
Thursday 16th October 2008, 23:16
Okay today I removed all ancillary components and still couldn't find the ruddy thing, please if there's anybody out there with either an s40 or v40 2001 51 plate onwards with an info centre switch, Please have a look and let me know where the wiring for this switch comes out of the main dash loom.

Please help, I'm getting desperate here!!!

CONDYBOY
Thursday 6th November 2008, 22:27
Anybody???

Jimmie
Thursday 6th November 2008, 22:35
E-mail Rufe for a diagram he might send you one with details if you are good.lol
You could also go inpast strathmore in perth there just over the hill from you.

CONDYBOY
Monday 10th November 2008, 22:01
Cheers Jimmie, I may well do that. RUFE YOU HAVE MAIL.

marcoboyo
Monday 24th November 2008, 18:42
Did you find the conector to do this as its something I would like to do to mine later, if not I will look at mine for you soon as I am replacing my radio and replacing some bulbs while I am in there it would help me tho if you can put a pic up for me of the back of the switch so I know what shape conector to look for.

Mark

CONDYBOY
Tuesday 25th November 2008, 20:31
will do matey but I aint goin' out in the snow again today. will post a pic up tomorrow.

marcoboyo
Monday 29th December 2008, 17:09
sorry its took me a while to reply been away a lot I had a good look around while I was changing my radio but only found 1 spare conector not sure if it's the 1 you need it was taped up to the main radio wires here is a pic