PDA

View Full Version : Air Con~ To ~ Climate

CAMO
Sunday 24th April 2005, 16:05
Appart from the dash control device, what would i require to convert the present straight forward air con, to converyt it to climate controlled??????? :anmflower

Tomcat
Sunday 24th April 2005, 16:19
S'okay when youve got aircon! :cry:

andi t5
Sunday 24th April 2005, 18:34
its a totally different system not worth the trouble to be honest, what are you really going to gain apart from the cabin temp is auto controlled ?

MattB
Sunday 24th April 2005, 18:40
its a totally different system not worth the trouble to be honest, what are you really going to gain apart from the cabin temp is auto controlled ?

With that said - is aircon difficult to fit in replacement of standard heating system and/or worth the hassle??
Any idea what parts are required??

:B_blite:

Tomcat
Sunday 24th April 2005, 20:01
I considered it when I had the dash out on my car and the donor car with aircon sat near by. It's a BIG job, I don't know how much of the heater needs to be replaced but it looked like all of it, plus you need all the additional wiring and the aircon pump and condensor.Given a week and both cars indoors its possible but it would be very complicated.

Personally it would be easier to just sell the one you have and buy one with aircon.

andi t5
Sunday 24th April 2005, 20:09
it just isnt pratical mate as tomcat says damm sight easier to swop the car

siamblue
Monday 25th April 2005, 03:01
it just isnt pratical mate as tomcat says damm sight easier to swop the car

That's what i ended up doing getting another T5 with climate fitted.

MattB
Monday 25th April 2005, 11:12
That's what i ended up doing getting another T5 with climate fitted.

I'll bear that in mind on my next purchase.

In the mean time, I'll have to be content with opening a window and driving fast!!!