PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing on full lock ??????

cameron
Wednesday 20th August 2008, 00:21
I had my Wolfrace on before and they were 215x45x17" the wheel width was 7.5J.

I have changed to Tethys with the same sized tyres but now im getting tyre rub on full lock!

Why ???????

Any info will be helpfull!

Cheers, Lee

dooby
Wednesday 20th August 2008, 00:29
Hiya,

I think it's just that the steering stops and wheel arch liner on 850s weren't made to take those kinds of size wheels and tyres?

For what it's worth, my 17"x7J Volans with stock size 205/45/R17 tyres rub a *tiny* bit on full lock, at least by the evidence rub marks on the wheel arch liner with the front wheels off.

Now I've moved to 17"x8J Pegasus with 235/40/R17 tyres I'm definitely getting a bit more rub on full lock.

I think the steering stops (white bits of plastic riveted to the wishbone) can be replaced with thicker ones from a C70 (blue plastic, I understand) to try and help but you'll lose some turning circle.

HTH, Pete

CONDYBOY
Wednesday 20th August 2008, 00:36
Could be the throw of the wheels(i.e. the distance between hub mating face and the inner rim) could be that your tethy's are just a bit more to the inside.

readview
Wednesday 20th August 2008, 00:41
As above really Cameron,my wheels are off the newer shape V70 but with the 215/45x17 tyre size on and they do rub on full lock.I ignore it and dont use full lock!

dooby
Wednesday 20th August 2008, 00:42
Hiya,

I think Condy's onto it - I'd missed that you'd had the same size rims on before (presumably with no problems). I think the two wheels must have different offsets then, all else being the same.

Cheers, Pete