PDA

View Full Version : ignition problems now

ikp_77
Tuesday 19th August 2008, 21:16
jumped into the car after walking the dogs went to start it the key went 3 clicks round the lights cam on dash but did nt turn engine over at all tryed again and was stiff at the last click and it started again any idea wots up wif it chears

Terminator
Friday 22nd August 2008, 12:07
jumped into the car after walking the dogs went to start it the key went 3 clicks round the lights cam on dash but did nt turn engine over at all tryed again and was stiff at the last click and it started again any idea wots up wif it chears

Sounds to me like a worn ignition lock.

ikp_77
Friday 22nd August 2008, 22:12
chears man thats wot i was thinking like or could it be the switch wot you recon new ignition lock mate

mexybhouy
Friday 22nd August 2008, 23:05
take the steering colum covers off first just to make sure the ignition lock and connections are ok and not loose! then maybe the lock or the ring around the barrel are'nt at fault! it has happened before...

Terminator
Saturday 23rd August 2008, 16:11
Sorry, meant to say switch not lock!

ikp_77
Saturday 6th September 2008, 19:06
chears when the steering lock is on the key would spin ronud in the other direction then you turn it to start but its stiff on last turn i think its the barrel like

Rufe
Saturday 6th September 2008, 23:38
new ignition barrel comes as part fo the complete ignition lock on this vehicle, and costs around £180 inc vat (for one coded to the same key as you have now) if i remember right.

(its in that region anyway, will have to check monday for an accurate quote, send me a pm if you want me to do this as i will forget no doubt!)