PDA

View Full Version : Crashing rear suspension

vt5
Sunday 24th April 2005, 09:37
Anyone had this before.

Manily rear drivers side, go over any small bumps or speed bumps and the rear suspension makes a sound like heavy thump sound.

I am guessing it may be delta link bushes knackered, but then maybe not.

Done the manual shock test and they seem o.k. but perhaps it is a knackered shock?

Any ideas please, need to get it booked in asap (and probably have it lowered at the same time) :rice:

chriskay
Sunday 24th April 2005, 10:13
Sounds like possibly rear shock absorber top mount gone. not uncommon I gather. Happened on mine recently. New mounts £19 each & must be a simple job; Volvo only charged 1/2 hour labour to change them.
Cheers, Chris.

vt5
Sunday 24th April 2005, 22:44
Sounds feasable cos the noise does seem to be coming from the rear top mounts inside the car.

Thanks pal

Lets hope its that cos its cheap :)

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 24th April 2005, 23:22
Mmmmm, had windows down on mine yesterday and thought i heard a bit of crashing and banging in the rear. Cheap solution was to turn the radio up! :bricks:

nobananas
Monday 25th April 2005, 23:06
Definately sounds like the top mount. Place your hands in the boot over the mounts and bounce the car hard. If the mountings are ripped out the top of the shock will bang against the boot floor/cover. Absolutely dead easy and cheap to replace, when we bought mrs nb's T5 used it as a bargaining point to knock £300 quid off

vt5
Tuesday 26th April 2005, 00:15
Good stuff guys, always like the cheap faults....