PDA

View Full Version : Uprated dampers

dave stew
Monday 18th August 2008, 15:34
I am in a quandary about what to do to my P2T5 suspension.

It is well overdue replacement, so I am looking at the following options:

Do I go for an uprated damper but keep the standard ride height?
Do I drop the car onto Eibach springs and lose the 'arse in the air' look and improve weight transfer and traction?

I don't want to destroy the ride quality, or scrape over speed bumps.

Has anyone out there changed their suspension set up on a P2 and what's your opinion?

Better still, I'd love to have a try/ride in one. I don't want to spend a stack of money and find I've ruined the ride quality!

I'm looking at either Bilstein B6 or Koni FSD, and either standard or Eibach Pro-Kit springs.

I had an Opel Manta 25 years ago on Bilstein Group A rally shocks and that was HARD (and I was only 18!)

readview
Monday 18th August 2008, 18:20
Hi Dave,if it's any help we can do you a set of good used nivomats(inc mounts) with warranty at £200 inc shipping.

Redbrick
Monday 18th August 2008, 19:06
I kept my 'dynamic sports chassis' springs and rear nivomats and just stuck a set of B6's on the front. My rear ride height is a little uneven at 120K so I might have to get new nivomats- handles fine though.
Love the ride, B6's (5221) seem to smooth over the small bumps while being spot on round the twisties.

http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-V70-2001-2007/Suspension-&-Steering/Shocks-&-Struts/Shocks-&-Struts-Bilstein/p-127-388-500-3139/

V70D5 on T5D5 has gone Eibach and B6's all round and appears to like it.
HTH
Andy

dave stew
Monday 18th August 2008, 19:07
Are you the guys I bought a pair of T5 driveshafts off a few months back? They came off a stripped, blue, ex cop V70.

dave stew
Monday 18th August 2008, 19:11
I kept my 'dynamic sports chassis' springs and rear nivomats and just stuck a set of B6's on the front. My rear ride height is a little uneven at 120K so I might have to get new nivomats- handles fine though.
Love the ride, B6's (5221) seem to smooth over the small bumps while being spot on round the twisties.

http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-V70-2001-2007/Suspension-&-Steering/Shocks-&-Struts/Shocks-&-Struts-Bilstein/p-127-388-500-3139/

V70D5 on T5D5 has gone Eibach and B6's all round and appears to like it.
HTH
Andy

Thanks for the info. I went out shifting a fridge for a friend this evening (as you do when you own a V70...) Still in two minds whether I should drop the rear down. It still visually looks too high.

readview
Monday 18th August 2008, 20:51
Are you the guys I bought a pair of T5 driveshafts off a few months back? They came off a stripped, blue, ex cop V70.

We've had a few ex cop vehicles in various colours,we are in Accrington if that narrows it down?