PDA

View Full Version : air noise

lutonmatt
Sunday 17th August 2008, 23:21
driving back from a yank car show today coming down the motorway and about say 70 there is a noise i think coming from the driver window poss the window rubber warn driving round town were it will get used most of the time dont hear it
and the pass one does it at a higher speed wont say but it starts 12 sounds like the window moves out very nosiey

any one else had this

Cubes
Monday 18th August 2008, 08:45
I have the same with my passenger window. It doesn't always wind right up so what I have to do is open the door, wind the window down an inch and then back up (always advisable to pull up and stop somewhere first!). That way it's not pushing vertically against the seal. I think my prob is a weak motor because it winds up a lot more slowly than the driver's door.

Anyone had a replacement motor? How much?

lutonmatt
Monday 18th August 2008, 19:25
thanks for that i will give that a try if not might have to see my mate at volvo for new rubbers

Rufe
Monday 18th August 2008, 20:14
its possibly the glass itself that needs realigning, a bit of a pain on the coupes. new door seals for these are silly money, last time i sold one im sure it was over £200

Liddo
Tuesday 19th August 2008, 13:33
its possibly the glass itself that needs realigning, a bit of a pain on the coupes. new door seals for these are silly money, last time i sold one im sure it was over £200

DOH! £200! Thats a bit steep init!

You may need your doors re-aligning. Try putting a small amount of grease around the rubbers, this helps the windows go up a bit better

cookie
Tuesday 19th August 2008, 21:48
Try cleaning seals with trim cleaner (do a search on the MR2 foums for T-bar leaks)