PDA

View Full Version : Phase II T5 remap

Alv70t5
Sunday 17th August 2008, 00:15
Looking to get my T5 remaped, not gona pay £££'s this time, as so many people do it.

Best i've found so far is this guy Simon Coe www.ccctech.co.uk he will do a straight re-map for £275!

Does anyone know a good alternative, that doesn't cost the earth?

Cheers in advance :).

Redbrick
Sunday 17th August 2008, 00:36
I'm not saying a cheap map is worse than a more expensive one but I would get others opinions on what is good from personal experience before deciding on a map.
Money is money I know but look at the difference in cost as a couple of tanks of fuel.
If you get a 'bad' map you're going to have to pay again to get in changed.

Alan M
Sunday 17th August 2008, 10:49
If you get a 'bad' map you're going to have to pay again to get in changed

Thats brilliant advice which I would follow. As with everything if your paying more its usually for a tried and tested product so is usually worth it. Have you spoke to Don at Kalmar about an MTE map?? It would probably be easier to get him by PM on T5D5. Or Russ at RT about Rica products or BSR products?? Both may be worth a call for piece of mind.

miltski
Sunday 17th August 2008, 11:09
Thats brilliant advice which I would follow. As with everything if your paying more its usually for a tried and tested product so is usually worth it. Have you spoke to Don at Kalmar about an MTE map?? It would probably be easier to get him by PM on T5D5. Or Russ at RT about Rica products or BSR products?? Both may be worth a call for piece of mind.

i'd second that, Don doesn't charge much more than that and from what i understand peeps prefer his to RICA, now that must be saying something, also its much more custom, ie if you mod the car further on you can simpy go back and he can adjust the map for your mods, whereas potentially if you have an off the shelf remap you'd still have to go custom anyway

(If you're reading this Don and like the plug, remember my name when i approach you for a remap later on in the year lol!)

Alv70t5
Monday 18th August 2008, 10:38
Does anyone have the number of Don at Kalmar so i can call him about an MTE remap pls?

Thanks guys,

And yes agreed, i try to go with recomended fella's.

lance
Monday 18th August 2008, 10:44
I can also recomend DPA and autologic remap!

Alv70t5
Monday 18th August 2008, 11:13
Cheers Lance, Did VT do your Autologic remap ? If so how much did they charge ?

P.S if not, who did and agin what was the cost please?

Thanks.

lance
Monday 18th August 2008, 14:22
I had mine done at DPA in Nottingham but VT also do these maps, I cant remember the exact cost 100% but I am sure it was around £300!

If you give VT or DPA a call Im sure they will give you the price over the phone!