PDA

View Full Version : Half steamy window

dob
Friday 15th August 2008, 20:54
Hi I have got a strange problem with my air con. Over the last few days the passenger side of the windscreen and the side window just in the corner where you look through to look in the door mirror on the drivers side have steamed up ranging from just noticable to almost no visibility. This has happened about 5 times over the last week or so.
I know the air con needs re-gassed but could this be the problem or will it be something more serious??
The carpet is bone dry and the coolant level has ever moved.
Any help appreciated
Dob

mexybhouy
Friday 15th August 2008, 21:38
Hope it's not the early signs of heater matrix leaking? sounds like it. what's the other windows like? could be the ducting behind the vent has come away from the vent (hopefully) pull it off and check!

dob
Friday 15th August 2008, 21:44
all the vents are blowlg air like they should and to be honest i think its the matrix i just hoped someone would tell me it was something that is easyer to fix.
Cheers Dob
edit.. all the other windows are fine there is a visable line of steam goes up the middle of the windscrean.

mexybhouy
Friday 15th August 2008, 23:04
deffo matix and not the Kanu Reeves type! i hope that's how you spell his name? not as hard a job as you might think! there's a link on how to here somewhere! steam probably coming out it near the top as they can release steam and no water signs because the hole is so tiny, could'nt be A-SED spelling miniscule! hope this helps m8? good luck!!!!!!!!!1

dob
Wednesday 20th August 2008, 20:39
Can any of you guys tell me what size the O rings are on the pipes that go into the heater matrix?
Cheers Dob

bubbles
Wednesday 20th August 2008, 21:59
hi there i have the same problem and i think is the matrix there is a place on ebay that sells them 4 about 80 quid ish and its about an hours work i have heard have fun and good luck

Tomcat
Wednesday 20th August 2008, 22:36
If it is the matrix then it's not a hard job to do, good luck with it.

dob
Wednesday 20th August 2008, 22:42
I have got a new matrix but i need the 2 "O" rings for the pipes. Volvo only sell a kit for£20 I will be able to get just the 2 i need if i can find out the dimensions of them.