PDA

View Full Version : ABS / STC phase II

Alv70t5
Friday 15th August 2008, 11:46
I've finally nailed my ABS fault, it’s been showing "Brake failure stop safely ASAP" randomly for a few months, then it shows "STC service required".

Spent my £80 at a dealer getting it fault found, they said it was all perfect?

I striped out the entire fuse box, under the bonnet to get to the ABS plug, and found about 4-5 bad connections, repaired these and no fault for 2 months, but then low and behold it started showing again, very rare at first but then adamant toward the end. I must have just disturbed it.

I bit the bullet and brought a replacement ABS/STC unit and fitted it. (you can fit this WITHOUT programing).

Totally cured the ABS/STC fault and the other Cruise control fault, and it through up the engine management light for the throttle module (Had Volvo clean and update the software for this- FOR FREE)! cured.

After looking at the old abs/stc unit there were 5-6 burnt pins that were no doubt arching and causing a power surge to the rest of the system, lucky it was just the abs/stc unit.

So as you can see the new Phase II's been more than a bit of a pain in the as*!

Nice to hear the turbo whistle nicely now, time to get it re-mapped and allow it to boost at 18psi again :)

Rufe
Friday 15th August 2008, 15:30
I bit the bullet and brought a replacement ABS/STC unit and fitted it. (you can fit this WITHOUT programing).

Thats right you can, but specifically only on cars up to 2001, while 2002> vehicles would need software.