PDA

View Full Version : T4 air air filter

yorkshire R
Friday 15th August 2008, 10:47
i was having a clear out in my shed and came across a cone filter and thought ide put it on my T4 so i opend up the bonnet and connected to the top of the airbox there was wires so i thought ide better not mess around!

so my question is would i have to buy a cone filter and kit and put it in the airbox? if there is a kit available what make would it be?

Stevie-Boy
Friday 15th August 2008, 14:16
Dunno if it will help bit here are the pics of when Mavv stuck a filter in the original airbox of the T4 when it was his:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14334

yorkshire R
Friday 15th August 2008, 14:23
thanks stevie, i think if i remove the top of the air box it will look the same as yours,is the k&n a good sound?

Stevie-Boy
Friday 15th August 2008, 14:31
Yep it would look the same and housing it in the original airbox makes it a bit more discreet and makes it look a little more factory under there.

It's hard to comment on the K&N on this car to be honest because I got it with both that and the exhaust together. I know it sounds utterly incredible but I don't know how much of that is down to the K&N itself. I've had K&Ns on other cars and they've sounded really nice so I reckon you'd get a nice noticeable difference.

yorkshire R
Friday 15th August 2008, 15:08
thanks stevie for the pic of your engine...i now have a k&n filter on my car.i must say that the best sounding car with a k&n filter on was my V6 VECTRA! where in the lake district are you as i was there the other week

Rufe
Friday 15th August 2008, 15:26
must say that the best sounding car with a k&n filter on was my V6 VECTRA!
+1 :D

With the K&N induction kit fitted the vectra V6 is genuinely one of the best sounding cars out there i reckon. having had one myself i may be based but the sound of the v6 roar was awesome.

(i went down the MV6 route and had the 3.0 engine in mine, still miss that sound though if i am honest)

Stevie-Boy
Friday 15th August 2008, 15:29
I am in Kendal, South Lakes :-)

If you're gonna be in the area again drop me a PM and we could hook up for some T4 comparing!!

yorkshire R
Friday 15th August 2008, 15:32
i deffo agree Rufe,they do roar. i did like my vectra but at the time a 850R came up in the right colour and interior so it was bye bye vectra!

yorkshire R
Friday 15th August 2008, 15:38
i went to coniston,my first drive to the lakes was in a yellow s40 but it was my brothers!

Stevie-Boy
Friday 15th August 2008, 15:47
It is nice in Coniston, plenty of nice roads in the Lakes which are perfect for a bit of S40 action! Check out the Kirkstone Pass, nice ;-)

yorkshire R
Friday 15th August 2008, 15:57
plenty of skinny roads to! i dont drive to fast...i just like getting up to the speed limit swiftly!

Stevie-Boy
Friday 15th August 2008, 16:05
Ha ha same here but those digital petrol bars can vanish so quickly!

yorkshire R
Friday 15th August 2008, 16:27
changing the subject, i found theses alloy on ebay,item number 220266318938
i emailed the seller and said they wouldnt fit my car 4x114, i bet if no one bids he will put them on as a volvo s40 fitment and at a higher price!

he said he had some other alloys to fit 4x108 which is a early 850 pattern arcording to him.im gona give up on ebay and go to a shop for some!!