PDA

View Full Version : 850 Key Fob

spencem875
Thursday 14th August 2008, 10:04
Mine has just stopped working for no reason ?!?! New batteries didnt do anything either.

readview
Thursday 14th August 2008, 10:10
Hi,try reprogramming it to the unit.Sit in the car and have the remote in your hand.Turn the ignition on and off five times in succession with one second between each turn of the key.On the last turn,leave the ignition on and look at the led on the top of the dash.It should flash quickly.As soon as you see this,press and hold the remote button.This should re attach the fob to the ecu.

spencem875
Thursday 14th August 2008, 10:42
Light didnt come on.

Jod T5
Thursday 14th August 2008, 11:03
Light didnt come on.
The information previously given is correct for fob reprogramming.. If the light is not flashing in the centre of the dash top panel then it looks like the unit has gone south or a fuse blown....
Note that one particular system requires the doors to be shut during the reprogramming operation...
Cheers
Jod

spencem875
Thursday 14th August 2008, 11:59
You both get a cookie, tyvm :)

pjay
Thursday 14th August 2008, 12:51
have you tried cleaning the insides of the remote, i had the same problem and my mate told me just how to do it, just take the innards out and spray with switch cleaner, and wipe away with soft cloth, then press the button, i kept on doing it till i could physically feel and hear a click, dried it off properly and when tried it worked, but i do know that it don't work on all fobs, but that is the only thing i can think of, .....

spencem875
Thursday 14th August 2008, 13:57
Thx Pjay but its fixed thanks to those others posts.

readview
Thursday 14th August 2008, 14:17
The information previously given is correct for fob reprogramming.. If the light is not flashing in the centre of the dash top panel then it looks like the unit has gone south or a fuse blown....
Note that one particular system requires the doors to be shut during the reprogramming operation...
Cheers
Jod

Hi if the unit has given up we can supply a good used unit with a matched fob if req.
Just pm me for details/phone no.
Adam.

danny-R
Friday 27th February 2009, 19:59
nice 1 readview !!!! spot on