PDA

View Full Version : What checks need to be done pre RICA?

t-5 Will
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 21:22
Ive recently bought an 95N 850 T-5 GLT and have been reading on this site about RICA.

I see many of you mention about making sure your car is in good working order before you have the ECU re-mapped, i was therefore wondering what in particular you would check prior to the work being done?

Thanks, Will

adey
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 23:46
hi chap well id start with looking for any big oil leaks , no loose clamps on all pipe work , water/ oil level's are ok hope this helps you , had mine done and boy how much fun now

Tomcat
Wednesday 13th August 2008, 00:00
Do a search for Stage 0, it's a basic list of things that need doing before any other mods are carried out, includes the ususal....vacum leaks, plugs, fuel filter etc etc...

V70R999
Wednesday 13th August 2008, 00:03
if you are having it done by a garage such as RT then they will have a check prior and adjust your actuator

RT MECHANICS
Wednesday 13th August 2008, 06:28
if you are having it done by a garage such as RT then they will have a check prior and adjust your actuator

Thanks V70R999

There is a lot more to the checks other than the stage 0 the one listed is a good list but i would not say you need a new fuel pump but a check of fuel pressure is a good place to start :) its amazing how many times this is over looked :(

Russ :)
www.rtmechanics.co.uk

t-5 Will
Wednesday 13th August 2008, 20:45
Thanks everyone for your help, that gives me something to have a go at over the next week or so.