PDA

View Full Version : driveshafts

frodge
Monday 11th August 2008, 20:39
i am looking to get a offside driveshaft for my 98 c70 gt t5 as i am planning to sell it and would like to get it sorted before i do and have a couple of questions , firstly is it correct that there are loads of different variations on this age c70 so making the possibility of finding a secondhand one almost impossible and secondly is there anywhere i can get one other than my local volvo dealer as i believe they were asking over £300 .
if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

readview
Monday 11th August 2008, 20:58
Hi,we may well have one,i'll pm you our no.

frodge
Monday 11th August 2008, 21:02
ok mate thanks

frodge
Thursday 14th August 2008, 00:23
just in case anyone is looking at this thread for inspiration then dont , my local dealer gave me a part number for the replacement for my osf driveshaft , only to find the label on the one i took off is totally different , i mean part number , od on the splines , thread size , nut size , cv joint (outboard) od size , outboard shaft od , anyway not sure what went on but i have now found a replacement and its working splendid.
all credit to autoparts

mexybhouy
Saturday 16th August 2008, 00:05
different engine sizes i can understand, but why so many part numbers for what is essentially the same car??????

frodge
Saturday 16th August 2008, 21:34
the dealer i spoke to said there are 7 dfferent osf driveshaft for my car which i didnt understand either , i would have thought they would have tried to use the same shaft for as many models as possible so they could buy in bulk and saved a few quid.
although why there is only 1 option for the nsf beggars belief