PDA

View Full Version : Grille and suspension

bradley
Sunday 10th August 2008, 21:23
Ok then, i know that the common choice of grille is normally the kamei, but ive also seen a slatted version on a members car (dont know if the car has changed owners?? is it "Mavv" or "stevie boy"?) Anyways im keen on that version if anyone can shed some light on it.

Also, suspension. The front of the car sits high, ive heard about changing to adjustable top mounts etc but i would like a decent suspension kit that would also give me clearance for larger wheels (im thinking 19" in the near future, as im mad!!) lol!!

Anyways, any and all info is much appreciated!
Cheers,
Bradley

Stevie-Boy
Sunday 10th August 2008, 22:32
Yup it is my S40 now with the slatted grill but to be honest, I don't know what make it is as Mavv bought it and changed it. I'll see if I can find out...

bradley
Sunday 10th August 2008, 23:03
Cheers,
BTW, you bought yourself a gorgeous car..... i was looking at it when it came up for sale as well, like my estates though! lol.

Stevie-Boy
Monday 11th August 2008, 11:14
Cheers for that, I don't really have much need for an estate so was happy to go with a saloon :-)

The grill is a bit of a mystery I think. The last pictures in 2006 have the car with an MS Designs grill and then there are no more posts until 2008 when the car has this new grill but the change was not posted on the forum. Hopefully someone will be able to identify it from how it looks :-)

T4FLY
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 03:46
The Kamei grill was on my old S40 before Mavv fitted it to his, and the headlights too. I'm sure the badgeless eggcrate one was available on ebay but cant see any at the moment. PS Stevie, you've got a nice car there :)

Stevie-Boy
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 09:19
Cool cheers for the info there, thank you :-)

T4FLY
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 16:24
See you have amended your sig ;)

Stevie-Boy
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 23:16
Ha ha indeed, I spotted it earlier and thought two horses, that doesn't look right LOL.

Kal
Wednesday 13th August 2008, 19:32
Also, suspension. The front of the car sits high, ive heard about changing to adjustable top mounts etc but i would like a decent suspension kit that would also give me clearance for larger wheels (im thinking 19" in the near future, as im mad!!) lol!!

Anyways, any and all info is much appreciated!
Cheers,
Bradley

I have PI springs on mine that drop the front 50mm and the rear 25mm, i'm running 215/35/18 and get slight rub on full lock on the front!! Don't think you'd be able to go to 19's IMHO!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/LeeLoader/Cars/Volvo011.jpg

bradley
Wednesday 13th August 2008, 23:41
WOW!! looks well bud. 19s will work with coilovers though, wont they?? lol!! Dont suppose you have a link for the springs do you??

CONDYBOY
Thursday 14th August 2008, 00:05
Ive got eibach springs which drop 35mm and I am looking for top ajustable gas koni's. You should get away with 19's if you're going to fit spacers and have the arches rolled right back, possibly even spread a bit would look the nuts with a wider arch profile but I reckon it'd be costly.

Kal
Thursday 14th August 2008, 18:50
WOW!! looks well bud. 19s will work with coilovers though, wont they?? lol!! Dont suppose you have a link for the springs do you??

Unfortunatley no, about the only thing i didn't buy off the net!!! Got em from local performance shop!!!

T4FLY
Thursday 14th August 2008, 23:51
Reckon 19s should work with coilovers or springs and shock combination. There are one or 2 cars on S40concepts with 19s on.

Kal, does your BSR induction kit have a heat shield?

jimka
Friday 15th August 2008, 12:53
the grill is available from partsforvolvosonline.com - you will have to dig deeper for marv's old cars badge though....

BSR induction units are normally sold with heat shields :)

Kal
Friday 15th August 2008, 18:24
Reckon 19s should work with coilovers or springs and shock combination. There are one or 2 cars on S40concepts with 19s on.

Kal, does your BSR induction kit have a heat shield?

Yep!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/LeeLoader/Cars/Induction004.jpg

T4FLY
Saturday 16th August 2008, 02:05
Thanks guys and sorry for hijacking the thread a bit :)

Here's a link to the grill I had on my last car- MS designs one. I picked up the Kamei badge separately at a show. I didn't bother painting it and remember thinking it was quite pricey for what it was though.

http://www.ms-design.com/carx1ms1_2.icc?lang=en&cty=Array&car=295&id=1925&start=0