PDA

View Full Version : Abs,tracs

LAMS7754
Saturday 9th August 2008, 21:22
Hi, my abs and tracs light are on all the time now, a friend of mine plugged it in to read the fault codes and it says both rear wheel sensors are faulty, i have read that it could be the abs controller at fault and this can send out false codes, is it worth changing the wheel sensors first or just have the abs controller looked at, is there anywhere in the midlands area who can repare abs control units, my car is a 95 650 t5

LAMS7754
Saturday 9th August 2008, 21:23
bet youve never heard of a 650 t5, i meant to say 850

Tomcat
Saturday 9th August 2008, 21:28
If it's come on intermitantly and then started to stay on all the time then it could well be the ABS controller, your car is certainly the right year for it to be. If you can't do it yourself then speak to Wobblydave on here, he does a repair service on them.

V70R999
Saturday 9th August 2008, 21:35
Think wobbly is going to be away for a while but yes it sounds like the soldering has come loose. Very common problem. I just bought a second hand one from salvo.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 11th August 2008, 22:40
The stock of reconditioned units is still available. I know I am currently out of the country but I still have lots left over - specifically so repairing to order was no longer necessary. If you need a new one - they can be supplied with 12 month warranty subject to Teas n Seas.

LAMS7754
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 08:53
Thanks, i think i will have to get it replaced, whats the price of a recon one and will it be something that i can fit myself

V70R999
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 10:38
Thanks, i think i will have to get it replaced, whats the price of a recon one and will it be something that i can fit myself

Very easy to swap over, even I managed it :insane:

Alan M
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 11:28
Look at this site
http://www.freewebs.com/dacvolvo/absrepair.htm

The job is easy enough but opening the controller without damaging it can be the problem. Adam at readview garage usually has spares for sale at good prices. I think his username is readview so try a search of users then drop him an email.