PDA

View Full Version : Crap brakes

BOO
Saturday 9th August 2008, 14:39
hAVING always thought the brakes were laughable on my c70 t5 despite it always passing the mot, i had the misfortune of the rear pads going done last week it was nicely scoring in to the disc so needed a quick fix.Into national for a set of rear pads 70 quid ok ithought but to cut a story short i needed new rear discs (i did already know this) and then shock, the calipers were seized and the brake pipes knacked yikes the only good thing was that they could do it in the next 4hours which is where theyve got you isnt it cause i could have bought it all myself then waited to get it fitted for half the price but who can wait a week getting all that sorted out anyways now brakes are like other cars they actually work ,so i guess the original calipers must be garbage because this is its third set of rear discs (going by stuff that came with car) but it still was rubbish braking.before but now i dont need to think im driving some 70s american car lol now if o nly i could afford to completely ditch the suspension, lol

Wobbly Dave
Monday 11th August 2008, 22:43
sounds like yr car could do with some love n money spendin. I have spare rear C70 calipers - if viking ever gets around to giving them back to me lol

Dacvolvo
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 17:26
Hey Boo

Welcome to the joys of owning a T5 - it's never cheap :D