PDA

View Full Version : Automatic dipped headlights

pzorb
Friday 22nd April 2005, 16:53
Hello
I was looking in the manual of my 855 today cos i was trying to figure out how to get the dayrunning lights off. It says that i have to turn a little screw to the \ position, and i've done that now (after quickly realising it needed to be pushed in aswell before it would turn) but the lights are still on :slap:

When in the \ position, the little green illumination behind the sidelights goes out but that's it. Basically I want the headlights to be looking the same as when the car's off.

Any ideas?
Cheers
Martin

PS I know that on the S forum there's a similar thread, but it ends with no-one knowing :S Surely they can be switched off!!?

JackT5
Friday 22nd April 2005, 19:13
Well i switched mine off when i first got it, but i've just been out and had a twiddle with the screw to check and on mine \ switches day lights out ok.

pzorb
Friday 22nd April 2005, 19:32
Yeah? hmmn. Cheers for that though. Mine's a '96 estate, maybe the switch is b*ggered :pants: The only effect it has on mine in \ is to switch off the sidelights, the main unit still just emits some light, not lots and at an angle you don't see it - only when you bob down to it's level (dipped i believe).

Any other ideas?

Ta!
Martin

LeeT5
Sunday 24th April 2005, 20:30
[QUOTE=pzorb]Hello
I was looking in the manual of my 855 today cos i was trying to figure out how to get the dayrunning lights off. It says that i have to turn a little screw to the \ position, and i've done that now (after quickly realising it needed to be pushed in aswell before it would turn) but the lights are still on :slap:

When in the \ position, the little green illumination behind the sidelights goes out but that's it. Basically I want the headlights to be looking the same as when the car's off.

Hi Martin, i have a the same model as you. What u need to do is purchase a new headlight switch from Volvo. this will cure the problem as the switches were modified. Using the little switch spoke about i can now have my lights on or off just like a normal car headlight switch, with NO day running lights.
Hope this helps m8 :rainfro: