PDA

View Full Version : Anyone happy with their bleed valve?

Boxzoo
Friday 8th August 2008, 14:06
Local guy was fitting me some new shocks on my 850R and said he could get me some extra power for not a lot of money so I said yeah, fine. (I know, I know...)

Picked up the car and he's fitted a bleed valve. Now looked into it on here, e.g. http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12618&highlight=bleed+valve and see they're not universally approved of, to say the least.

Tempted to ask him to take it off, yeah it has got extra power but don't want to risk breaking my motor.

But before I do is there anyone who does run one and is happy with it? Anyone advise me to leave it on?

Cheers all.

brett craig
Friday 8th August 2008, 15:43
bleed valves nooooooooooo... mbc yeeeesssss ecu upgrade definately !!!!!

Alan M
Friday 8th August 2008, 17:18
I run an MBC with no problems at just over 13psi of boost. A bleed valve creates a vacuum/boost leak to do its job whereas an MBC just utilises a ball bearing and spring arrangement to work. Creating a bost leak with our cars isn't advisable as the car tries to cure the problem.

johntheace
Friday 8th August 2008, 19:02
mine runs a bleed valve and runs fine..only if i take it up to far the car cuts on acceleration..if i close the valve to nothing or take it off it is really slow

PNuT
Friday 8th August 2008, 19:16
I run an MBC with no problems at just over 13psi of boost. A bleed valve creates a vacuum/boost leak to do its job whereas an MBC just utilises a ball bearing and spring arrangement to work. Creating a bost leak with our cars isn't advisable as the car tries to cure the problem.

i guess it depends on where you bleed the air too..... if you bleed it to after the maf i cant see a problem?

the BCS does the same thing ;)

Alan M
Saturday 9th August 2008, 07:58
i guess it depends on where you bleed the air too..... if you bleed it to after the maf i cant see a problem?

the BCS does the same thing ;)

Good point but the BCS vents back into the indution side after the Maf doesn't it where as the bleedvalve is to atmosphere. If you just want the same cheap power just buy yourself an MBC.

PNuT
Saturday 9th August 2008, 09:24
Good point but the BCS vents back into the indution side after the Maf doesn't it where as the bleedvalve is to atmosphere. If you just want the same cheap power just buy yourself an MBC.

some bleed valves have 3 connections, in out & bleed..... if i was to fit a bleed valve i would T it into the BCS bleed after the maf....

i think bleed valves like the daws(?) vent to the atmosphere....