PDA

View Full Version : Jvc avx810

MSc70t5
Thursday 7th August 2008, 17:24
Hi,

Just replaced the SC-901 with a double din face off 7" screen, looks mint. Hope pic's are attached.

Gromit

BlackC70
Thursday 7th August 2008, 18:55
Absolutely stunning headunit - you've made the right choice there!!

I had a play with one at a trade show early this year and it's the dogs fun bits! You tried the gesture operated volume etc yet?

MSc70t5
Thursday 7th August 2008, 20:41
Gesture operated volume? Whats that?
Just getting used to the unit with both the ipod adapter and bluetooth adapter at present. Plan to get a rear camera installed below the rear lights (C70).
For the money the unit is a good buy, would perfer Alpine but the face off is needed, can do without a break-in and the possible damage to the dash and car.

Piles
Thursday 7th August 2008, 21:01
Looks really good mate. Couple of questions for you,
1. Do you have to remove the face to put cds/dvds in?
2. Can you still use the steering wheel button with it?
3. Did you fit it yourself?
4. If so, is it tricky?
5. Where did you get it?

Thanks mate! I quite fancied a Pioneer AVIC D3 but never got round to it, but I like the idea of being able to remove the face.

BlackC70
Thursday 7th August 2008, 21:16
gesture volume is basically you draw a circle on the screen, clockwise for volume up, anticlockwise for volume down...

it does other things like that too, but I can't remember what from the small play I had with it!

piles - you press the eject button, and it motorises down to reveal the cd/dvd slot, the c70 doesn't have wheel controls but the head unit comes with a steering wheel input, which needs an aftermarket adaptor by Autoleads or Connects2 to interface to certain cars. It's dead easy to fit as it's a one-box solution, just needs a wire hooking to the handbrake (or any other ahem, earth point) to enable the dvd playback.

MSc70t5
Friday 8th August 2008, 15:55
Yep BlackC70 is right. As for fitting I had to shave off about 3mm from the black plactic runners the old SC-901 slides down (centre console trim) to get the cage in, however I can still replace the headunit when it comes to changing cars i.e. when a new C70 is about £10k! What makes things easy with the volvo is all the room at the back for the wires. The unit came from in-car express (was the cheapest I could find). Agree on the volume thing but I still go for the button! Other than that not bad to fit, however needed a mate to confirm the wiring especially as I was using the Volvo amp in the back. Looks great on a night but wish I could upload my own wallpaper via the usb port on the back.

Boxzoo
Friday 8th August 2008, 16:26
That looks really nice and I'd love one in my 850, make the dash look a bit more modern! Not really up to date with ICE though so can you explain why a DVD player in the front of the car is a good idea? Great for the back but what do you actually do with it in the dash?

Torch S70R
Friday 8th August 2008, 23:08
the dvd player side of it is only really beneficial for mp3s on a dvdr disc imho :)
i tend to use the usb stick on my elcheapo ebay unit but ive got to say that jvc is mighty tempting :D

pangster
Friday 8th August 2008, 23:35
looks very good! :)