PDA

View Full Version : impressed with the old bus

brett craig
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 22:49
as a rule i'm a casual laid back driver but sometimes peaple just get my goat !

driving home from work tonight ( on my private road ) and look in my rearview to see a skoda octavia vrs so close i couldnt see his bonnet.
I moved over and let him pass and what does he do ? moves over infront of me and slows down :cussing:

at the next junction we both stop side by side waiting for the lights to change and allow us to filter onto my private motorway, at this point i thought F**K it your having it !

lights change and we both plant it, 1st gear wheelspin but edge away, 2nd gear massive wheelspin still pulling away, 3rd gear game over he's going backwards fast, 4th gear joined private motorway and moved over and slowed to 70mph. Octavia pulls alongside gives a death glare and skulks off.

i carry on at 70mph feeling very smug thinling that even with massive wheelspin i destroyed him, love to see what would happen if there was no spin !!! didnt realise just how quick the old bus was :)

nobananas
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 23:04
Think an LSD group buy is in order, first gear in mine is pretty useless unless I want to paint one 50 foot black line on the road !

cameron
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 23:39
Sounds a bit like mine too and if its wet forget it i still get spin in 3rd. traction control???????? Whats that lol.

Rufe
Thursday 7th August 2008, 13:55
i would put money on it the VRS driver probably has had the 210 bhp mapping done on his car and thought he was indestructable, lol. (Either that or he thinks 180bhp in a car that size is impressive maybe. who knows)

Tiny 12
Thursday 7th August 2008, 14:36
you own alot of land dont you............private road and two private motorways..can i come and play?

briliant all they ever see is "OLD VOLVO", however end up suffering a slightly deflated motoring ego!!

had similar experience with a hoodie driving a MK4 Golf GTI ....then he pulled up a at a few traffic lights later (on my private road) and asked "rrrraaaaa manz....what dat ting???.......itz Baaaaaaaaad"...i replied "why thank you my good man I’m rather fond of it my self....I bid you a safe onward journey"

Rufe
Thursday 7th August 2008, 14:50
my favourite experience was when i surprised a motorbike (don't ask me what it is, i have no idea) off the lights last year. he was raring to go when lights went green and i absolutely destroyed it down the long straight (he took small lead off the line, we had to turn a 90 degree bend to the right in a lane each, as it straightens up i get into 2nd gear and that was that, goodbye - he even had the inside lane on the turn, and went before it went green). he caught me up in the traffic later on, and pulled next to me to ask what was under the bonnet, i said a volvo T5, he said he couldn't believe the acceleration and he was going to get one, and that was that, a good result all round i thought.

Dan850T5
Thursday 7th August 2008, 17:37
I like destroying chavs, best feeling is wheelspinning past them off the lights in the wet :P

y2blade
Thursday 7th August 2008, 18:01
aye the old buses go alright dont they :D

johntheace
Thursday 7th August 2008, 19:36
I know you shouldnt but i had a go of a 350z about 2 weeks after i got mine, i didn't expect to beat him i just wanted to see what the comparison was like..i did actually beat him but i was crawling past him..it was quite funny actually it seemed like slow motion lol.

One thing i can say though the acceleration in mine is fantastic first 2 gears are amazing..the needle on the turbo gauge wacks off the reading into nothingness

PNuT
Thursday 7th August 2008, 19:50
350z's are easy.....

dont f**k with aston martins tho..... or M5's :lol:

johntheace
Thursday 7th August 2008, 20:01
funny you should say that i have just been looking at a m5 very nice have to sell the motorhome first though lol (the wife says)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140254678757&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004

johntheace
Thursday 7th August 2008, 20:03
plus i must admit i didn't expect my volvo to be faster than a 350z

Tiny 12
Friday 8th August 2008, 13:30
or RS4's a mate of a mate showed me what they can do...I thought I had put my 854 in reverse....I’m sure they are time machines in disguise