PDA

View Full Version : Air brush on my car

stainesy
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 20:04
am thinking of having some airbrush work done on my car.
if i do it will have to be black as want to keep the black and yellow theme going.

what do you guys think of the idea?
also do you have any ideas of what i can get done?

if you are wondering where i will getting the money from my best mate is a well known airbrush artist and he gona do it for free over a few weekends if i suplie the bear.

CONDYBOY
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 20:24
Go for a tribal motif. always looks good imo.

snoop69
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 20:24
Get an S-14 or Rx7 bud :B_thumb:

Dont ruin your Volvo.

Just my opinion though :)

stainesy
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 20:28
im not going for fast and furious stuff like tribal and £££££. i was thinking of having T5-R in the corner of the bonnet in a nice black electric smoke effect. my mate is realy good his work is amazing detail wise i mean.
and maybe having the badges on the car done in aibrush too with crazey details in

volvokid
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 20:31
Not the correct car for the job IMO more so your one because its a rare yellow one.

stainesy
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 20:35
true true. as i said its just a thought at the mo.

wanted advive before i thought more about it

chrisRSVR
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 20:58
you could always buy a second hand bonnet from a breakers and then air brush till you hearts content, and you wont be ruining the original!

stainesy
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 21:13
you could always buy a second hand bonnet from a breakers and then air brush till you hearts content, and you wont be ruining the original!

that is very true also.
the bonnet on his GTI-R is foookin mental. has a wizard tearing open the middle of the bonnet with electric from his hands to reveal an amazingly detailed engine underneath that has dragons made from flames coming out of diferant parts of it. the detal on each tiny scale on the dragon is unberleavable.

st5ve
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 22:18
If you are going to going to do this I would keep it on a racing theme as the car was produced to celebrate Volvos success at touring car racing.
Perhaps chequered flag on the background with a picture of the 850 touring car in full livery. Just an idea I will get my coat!!

nobananas
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 22:23
[QUOTE=
if you are wondering where i will getting the money from my best mate is a well known airbrush artist and he gona do it for free over a few weekends if i suplie the bear.[/QUOTE]

What worries me most is what your mates gonna' be doing with the bear you're going to be using as payment !!

PNuT
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 22:38
What worries me most is what your mates gonna' be doing with the bear you're going to be using as payment !!

lmfao

freaky fingers
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 23:09
get what ever you want done it's your car

but make sure it's transfers so when you decide to sell it looking like a chavs corsa can be peeled off

Tomcat
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 23:21
Who's your mate and what's his work like?....

ps...I'm an airbrush artist!.

stainesy
Thursday 7th August 2008, 05:21
Who's your mate and what's his work like?....

ps...I'm an airbrush artist!.

his name is james shearman and his work is on internet if you look for it

y2blade
Thursday 7th August 2008, 10:05
it could turn out good or VERY bad...imho i'd leave your very good looking yellow R unmolested

at the end of he day it's your car so up to you :)

Filterlab
Thursday 7th August 2008, 11:04
I'd be tempted to leave it completely stock myself as it's a rare colour and sought after.

But, it's up to you matey! :)

Tiny 12
Thursday 7th August 2008, 11:12
that is very true also.
the bonnet on his GTI-R is foookin mental. has a wizard tearing open the middle of the bonnet with electric from his hands to reveal an amazingly detailed engine underneath that has dragons made from flames coming out of diferant parts of it. the detal on each tiny scale on the dragon is unberleavable.

woow that sounds mental....got any pictures?

I’m not sure a T5r is the right canvas for air brushing…..but it’s your car…..your call, may turn out trick.

Does your mate do helmets?

Tomcat
Thursday 7th August 2008, 17:32
I do....

stainesy
Friday 8th August 2008, 17:58
Does your mate do helmets?

funny you should say that as helmets are his main things he airbrushes.