PDA

View Full Version : Its fixed at last

stainesy
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 18:24
my baby is back to normal and fast as foook again WOOHOO.

put new leads on it and away it went.
it is now so fast that i already have a puncher and now driving on space saver till i get new tyre tomorrow LOL

cant belive after all that it was bloody leads.
never gona ask my mate dads for advice again. and he is a top mechanic at bmw LOL

jonno12
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 18:43
well done mate see never give up on the old volvos and what did it cost ya 300 quid atthe most

stainesy
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 18:46
well done mate see never give up on the old volvos and what did it cost ya 300 quid atthe most

well if i new it was just the leads it would have cost me £52.50
but as loadsa peolpe kept tellin me it was diferant things it cost my about £340
cv joint, gearbox oil, plugs and leads.
but at least in now has fresh gearbox oil and new cv joints to LOL

jonno12
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 18:47
ah you see you wont have to change them now

mexybhouy
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 18:51
Glad to see your up and running again!!! should feel like a new car now?

stainesy
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 18:51
ah you see you wont have to change them now

LOL nope.
need 2 new front tyres tho. am driving on a space saver at the mo as just got puncher.
sods law.
just get car fixed and i get a puncher LOL

mexybhouy
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 18:53
Will be worth the wait to see how she flys!!!!!!!!

freaky fingers
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 18:54
Certianly following your mechanics advice and your description as "gearbox slippage" rather than missfire I think things havn't turned out to bad.

I remember when this was for sale and I spoke to Nads he mentioned the radiator was leaking but said as he broke them regulary he was sure he could find a replacement. sold my car a week or so later to find out it had gone.

I can see the yellow 850 t5r's as one of the few models that will hold it's value if looked after.

Plenty of new bits and not too exspensive gotta see it as a result.

all you gotta do now is get spell check and your sorted

stainesy
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 18:54
Will be worth the wait to see how she flys!!!!!!!!

oh i no she is fast as foook again. took her for a rag as soon as she was fixed. how do you think i got the puncher LOL

stainesy
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 19:00
I remember when this was for sale and I spoke to Nads he mentioned the radiator was leaking but said as he broke them regulary he was sure he could find a replacement.

i foookin new he had sold me a foooked car. he told me the car was fine and sweet as a nut. he even said you are getting alot of car for your money here.

and what do ya no a week or so later starts p!ssing out water and caused thermostat to go. nearly blow the car up.

well he didnt get a new radiator he just pached it up and sold it.
nice man

freaky fingers
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 19:02
Gotta look on the positive side stainsey

you HAVE got a lotta car for the money, quite happy to swap it if your not happy with it for mine :B_thumb:

stainesy
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 19:05
Gotta look on the positive side stainsey

you HAVE got a lotta car for the money, quite happy to swap it if your not happy with it for mine :B_thumb:

iv got alot of car now iv put money into it LOL

im well chuft with it now. apart from the fact it leans to the left but hay i will replace rear shock when i get a chance. not to bothered about that at the mo

pookie
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 19:56
Just an aside. Shock absorbers or dampers, have nothing to do with ride height. As their name suggests they damp out the osscilations of the road spring.

Pookie

stainesy
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 20:01
Just an aside. Shock absorbers or dampers, have nothing to do with ride height. As their name suggests they damp out the osscilations of the road spring.

Pookie

mine has self leveling system and one side isnt leveling anymore

y2blade
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 20:16
i'm well pleased for you, good to read that it's running good now :)

nice one

stephenevans99
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 20:50
Good to hear that the car's running as it should, but I have a feeling you're going to be throwing lots more money at it.

Aside from the fuel costs, you'll already know how quickly these cars can empty your wallet. You've already mentioned that you're on quite a tight budget, I say get the tyre sorted and sell the car !!

Sorry, maybe not nice to hear but I believe this car is gonna bleed you dry !!

stainesy
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 20:54
this car owes me bigtime and for the amount of money iv put into it i am keeping it. i have made a list of things to buy and my new hobbie is to save and buy sumit new for it every month. replacing everything before it goes rong.
have already ordered new expansion tank to tidy the engine bay up.
and new destributer cap.

sprintman
Friday 8th August 2008, 20:30
Hi, I've got some brand spankin' new OEM Nivomats for sale, might fit your car, do a search and find my ad!