PDA

View Full Version : Brake Discs

smithsc
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:06
Hi Guys,

I need to change my front discs and pads can anyone tell me what size they are i think 305mm.

I have a friend who works for mintex and says they can only find 302mm discs would these fit, the other thing i need to know is if the pads are brembo calipers how would i find that out.

Its a P2 T5 with standard wheels i think 16"

Rufe
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:47
Only one type of genuine front pads were fitted to the P2, no idea if they were brembo or not though.

As for disks, you will need to measure to see if you 305mm front disks or 288mm front disks. As its a T5 you would generally expect to see the larger option fitted, but you never know unless you measure. (earlier cars had an identifying code under the bonnet on the vin plate to tell, unfortunately p2's dont)

if your supplier say they have 302mm front disks then they may be refering to P1 disks, which had a 302mm diameter option. i have no idea if aftermarket 302mm disks will fit your car though, even if you have 305mm's fitted, as they could be totally wrong if they are for P1.

smithsc
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 15:46
Well i've just spoke to my friend at mintex and told him they are 305mm and hes found some with the standard pads i'm guessing the brembo ones and the 302mm must have been on a p1.

Just see what price i get for them now, does anyone know hoe long it will take me to change the discs and pads and is there anything to look out for when doing them

Rufe
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 16:45
I can give you a discounted price for genuine parts, dont know how they compare, but at least you have the price from us for these. It works out at around 22% discount from retail, and thats including next day delivery (if order placed by 1pm). Like i said i have no idea how price compares to aftermarket espeically with mates rates, but heres the price anyway -

VOLVO GENUINE FRONT PADS AND DISKS (305mm):
P/n: 31262707x2; 30648385x1
Volvo Total Price: £194.49 including vat
Our Price: £153.12 including vat and including delivery
Availability: Usually in stock, sent out for next working day delivery with TNT Express (next day delivery even if not in stock, if ordered by 1pm)

Simon.

smithsc
Thursday 7th August 2008, 10:19
Thanks for that but i can get Mintex discs and decents pads for £85.00 all in so i think i'll go for them