PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy 850 R ????

cameron
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 13:30
Right heres the thing, one of my mates told me of a Volvo lying in a front garden. Now me being after some wheels and it being close i thought id go and knock on and enquire about it.

Upon arriving there was an 850 with an R badge on the back lay in the front garden. Now there was a few things that got me wondering, 1. it had 16" columbas on it Which were all flat and cracked on the side walls, so its lay therea while, 2. It had Full leather interior Which is a mish mash of different colours, mainly cream, with blue and grey bits, i thought they were alacantra half and half, 3. the owner said it was a 2.7 turbo ?????????????? wtf ? 4. he said it was rear wheel drive as thats what the R stood for ( rotflmao ).

Clearly this guy has not got a clue what he is talking about, oh and heres the killer, im finding it hard to type this for laughing, it has no tax, no mot, its a bodge of all different colour bits of interior, and exterior, for example the car is green but the trims at the bottom of both front and rear lights are white, it hasnt got the R wheels, it hasnt got front fogs, roof bars, a rear spoiler, and it only has a 15G turbo on it which he thought was big by the way and also its all scratched and dented too hell thanks to his kids, but get this he SWEARS ON HIS KIDS LIFE these were his exact words he said " as the car is sat there now its worth £4000.

This guy is clearly in a dream land the cars on an R reg but is on a private plate, which i wouldnt mind having ( PJ17 850 ) i know things are worth to people what they choose to beilive, hey i think my cars worth £10K but in reality its worth between £900-£1300, but this guy really needs a reality check. Opinions Please !

PNuT
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 13:43
generally 850's were P plates at the latest although there are a few exceptions....

PNuT
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 13:44
PJ17 850 ? is that a real number?

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 13:45
cant be many R reg 850s about

cameron
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 13:51
cant be many R reg 850s about

My thoughts exactly, just shows how much he knows eh?

cameron
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 13:52

Yeah its on a private plate the guys name was Peter James.

PNuT
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 13:55
Yeah its on a private plate the guys name was Peter James.

its not an english plate tho! maybe NI & the 1 was an I? PJI 7850????

cameron
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 13:57
its not an english plate tho! maybe NI & the 1 was an I? PJI 7850????

If it was then they have re-spaced it to read PJI7 850, who knows without looking at the logbook.

Jod T5
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:01
AFIK there is no such think thing as an R reg 850 of any type..., R or no R....
Your neighbour, i expect has been smokin' something he should not have....;)
Cheers
Jod

PNuT
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:01
If it was then they have re-spaced it to read PJI7 850, who knows without looking at the logbook.

moi

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for PJI 7850 are:

Date of Liability 01 07 2007
Date of First Registration 02 01 1996
Year of Manufacture 1996
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2319CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour GREEN
Vehicle Type Approval null
This vehicle can be licensed at a DVLA Local Office without the V5C Registration Certificate
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £101.75
12 Months Rate £185.00

PNuT
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:02
Vehicle Registration MarkPJI7850MakeVOLVOModel850 T5 GLT AUTOTransmission & fuel typeAUTO 4 GEARS PETROLBody TypeCONVERTIBLEColourGREEN

PNuT
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:03
had he cut the roof off :lol:

Rufe
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:04
reg doesnt go into volvo database, in any shape or form. i was curious to see what it was listed as becasue I wouldnt mind a 2.7 T5 personally, though im still holding out for the elusive 3.0 one like was on ebay before, lol

Jod T5
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:04
The car must be P reg to have a P reg personal plate.....
Cheers
Jod

Jod T5
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:05
Vehicle Registration MarkPJI7850MakeVOLVOModel850 T5 GLT AUTOTransmission & fuel typeAUTO 4 GEARS PETROLBody TypeCONVERTIBLEColourGREEN

how do you do that Mark?...^^^^^^
Please tell by PM.....
cheers
jod

cameron
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:07
reg doesnt go into volvo database, in any shape or form. i was curious to see what it was listed as becasue I wouldnt mind a 2.7 T5 personally, though im still holding out for the elusive 3.0 one like was on ebay before, lol

LOL ME TOO!!!!! is that with twin turbo as well ? LOL

PNuT
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:07
https://www.vehiclecheck.co.uk/VehicleCheck/index.html?persist_SubscriberID=101522&AutoLocateID=72E110430722ED394FBB4C94

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/index.jsp

PNuT
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:10
Cheers
Jod

not quite.... p can go on p & older

so if it was R it could have P.... but it was registered in jan 96 so its P

cameron
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:10
https://www.vehiclecheck.co.uk/VehicleCheck/index.html?persist_SubscriberID=101522&AutoLocateID=72E110430722ED394FBB4C94

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/index.jsp

Very useful cheers for that mate.

Yosser
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:13
Cheers
Jod

You're right in theory, but it's not a 'P' prefix plate, it appears to be a Northern Irish plate so could go on any age of vehicle.

Rufe
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:13
HPI on this car - Reg was originally registered as N220HHG, then after a change to and from a private reg it had the plate N868MFR, before its current plate. The car was a category D write off in may 1999 (damage repairable, insurance didnt repair).

Jod T5
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:14
not quite.... p can go on p & older

so if it was R it could have P.... but it was registered in jan 96 so its P

lol Your point is....lol....
Cant be an R...didnt make them then...
BTW thanks for the links mate....excellent.....
Cheers
Jod

Jod T5
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:15
HPI on this car - Reg was originally registered as N220HHG, then after a change to and from a private reg it had the plate N868MFR, before its current plate. The car was a category D write off in may 1999 (damage repairable, insurance didnt repair).

How comes its got a P reg private plate?...if its a N?....
Veru iffy IMO.....

PNuT
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:16
lol Your point is....lol....
Cant be an R...didnt make them then...
BTW thanks for the links mate....excellent.....
Cheers
Jod

my point is it was an N rather than p lol

my car was origionally R & is now P

PNuT
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:17
Veru iffy IMO.....

its a northern ireland plate

PNuT
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:18

so how did you find that out? can anyone do it? id like to know if my cars been written off LOL

Yosser
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:18
Veru iffy IMO.....

It has'nt got a 'P' reg private plate!!

It's got a non age related NI plate which happens to have P as the first of it's 3 letters.

EDIT: PNuT beat me to it :)

Jod T5
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:19
its a northern ireland plate
££££££....got me there......
Owe you a Stella.....
Cheers
jod

Jod T5
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:20
so how did you find that out? can anyone do it? id like to know if my cars been written off LOL
I expect Simons lot subscibe...
You can do it thru the link you put up if you pay.....
Cheers
Jod

PNuT
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:21
I expect Simons lot subscibe...
You can do it thru the link you put up if you pay.....
Cheers
Jod

lmao.... i wanna know without paying :D

Jod T5
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:22
It has'nt got a 'P' reg private plate!!

It's got a non age related NI plate which happens to have P as the first of it's 3 letters.

EDIT: PNuT beat me to it :)
lol he did but i take your point 2....
Anyone else............
Cheers
Jod

Yosser
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:22
To answer the original question, by the sound of it he's lucky if its worth a couple of hundred quid.

Bear in mind you can't transfer the number off it unless it has a current MOT (or very recently expired).

cameron
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:25
To answer the original question, by the sound of it he's lucky if its worth a couple of hundred quid.

Bear in mind you can't transfer the number off it unless it has a current MOT (or very recently expired).

I dont even think its worth that! id give him £100 just to weigh it in.

Jod T5
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 14:33
You can check the mot history of any car provided you have access to the log book.... http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/internet/html/home.html
Cheers
Jod

readview
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 18:23

Got the perfect car for you Simon,ex cop PI 70,logbook says it is 9999cc !
Using the pricing scale as per camerons neighbour must be worth at least 1.5 mil. Bargain!

cameron
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 18:26
Got the perfect car for you Simon,ex cop PI 70,logbook says it is 9999cc !
Using the pricing scale as per camerons neighbour must be worth at least 1.5 mil. Bargain!

I dont know why everyone thinks he's my neighbour he lives about 2 miles away, LOL.
Anyway i'll have one of those 9999cc jobs please, can someone get me a price Hows about it Rufe? LOL

cherry1809
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 23:56
I dont know why everyone thinks he's my neighbour he lives about 2 miles away, LOL.
Anyway i'll have one of those 9999cc jobs please, can someone get me a price Hows about it Rufe? LOL

If you live in the sticks he'd be your nearest neighbour ;)
I'd give him £200 for it,at todays scrap rates.

Shortbusdriver1969
Thursday 7th August 2008, 07:25

could be a hash of a paddy plate PJI 850 maybe ?

Rufe
Thursday 7th August 2008, 08:54
could be a hash of a paddy plate PJI 850 maybe ?

yes mate, thats exactly what it is, well the irish plate PJI 7850 (thats what everyone has used to check it out on the various systems above and it comes up as the correct vehicle, however on the main volvo database its still listed under an older plate)