PDA

View Full Version : Dogdy??? Luggage cover brought off ebay that doesn't fit

Albinolock
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 11:15
Some advice please..

I recently purchased a luggage cover off ebay, it was advertised as coming out a Volvo 850 M reg estate and was listed as : Volvo 850 / V70 Load / Boot Cover, when it arrived it was bigger then my current broken cover and a mate thinks it was from an earlier Volvo 850 estate.

I own a M reg 850 estate

listing:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150272287321&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

I've contacted the seller stating my concerns and he just responded with he didn't know what to say as it came out of a M reg 850 estate.

Were there larger covers from previous 850 estates? have I been mis-sold this item?

Regards

Scott

Rufe
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 11:59
hi mate

the version you have bought has the hat shelf, which was fitted to the earlier 850's, up to 1994/5, while the later ones had the smaller one like you have

you could fit the hat shelf larger version to any 850 or V70 p1 estate as an optional part, as when you bought this version it came with the different side suports which are required to make it fit. If you buy a pair of these side supports as they called, then you can fit it, though they are not cheap, at around £60 each side, and may take a little while to get hold of as they are now coming from swedens classic part side (probably due to no demand for a long time). you may be able to get them from a breakers perhapsm but make sure you get the colour right, as they will look odd if you dont match you interior, they were available in beige, blue and grey.

Jod T5
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 12:18
Some advice please..

I recently purchased a luggage cover off ebay, it was advertised as coming out a Volvo 850 M reg estate and was listed as : Volvo 850 / V70 Load / Boot Cover, when it arrived it was bigger then my current broken cover and a mate thinks it was from an earlier Volvo 850 estate.

I own a M reg 850 estate

listing:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150272287321&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

I've contacted the seller stating my concerns and he just responded with he didn't know what to say as it came out of a M reg 850 estate.

Were there larger covers from previous 850 estates? have I been mis-sold this item?

Regards

Scott

AFIK there are two set ups, a blind set up and a parcel shelf and blind set up , the later it appears you have purchased needs a adapting kit for it to fit onto the blind only set up fixings....
Did your old blind look the same as the one you have purchased....
Also i beleive the parcel shelf version was only available for the Ph1 850's....
Cheers
Jod