PDA

View Full Version : geartronic help, going into neutral when at 20mph

les & reilly
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 22:57
can anyone help me here?
i have just read my dvd vidas and it states the geartronic should not be able to be moved into neutral from drive when above 20 mph. i can shift my gearlever above this speed and wondered what is wrong.
anyone had the same thing happen?
also, if i leave it in drive, it "jumps into a neutral" above 20mph but still displays the gears as if it was normal

thebadger
Monday 8th September 2008, 18:36
My V70 T5 SE Geartronic can pop into neutral (only when I push the stick) at almost any speed! The jumping sounds tragic! Dunno about that, I do abuse 3rd for pulling off though, taxi for fulton....

thebadger
Monday 8th September 2008, 19:24
Ok, I have the solution, replace fuse 21 inside the drivers door panel. this is the transmission lock fuse. should fix it! to verify if this is the issue, switch everything off (ice, fans, climate control) put the key in the ignition & turn to electrics on (II) you should now hear a loudish clunk from the gear stick area. to verify you have this fault (careful now) switch on! keep yer feet away from the go pedal, but hover over the brake (you will need this).

BIG TEST MOMENT!

Press the gear leaver release switch & put it in reverse (do not push the brake as this proves my point). If reverse engages then you're needing to replace that fuse!

It's all bad if you have to drive the car with this fault.

Cheers!