Dacvolvo
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 21:05
http://www.freewebs.com/dacvolvo/absrepair.htm

abdul
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 21:41
good information

badm88n
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 22:41
Great info, straight forward and easy to follow. Should save a lot of cash. Its good to know the car can still be driven if things take longer than planned.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 22:45
Please be aware that removing the unit will make your speedo inoperative.

Still offering my repair service for those that would like it done with a warranty

Dacvolvo
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 17:15
Please be aware that removing the unit will make your speedo inoperative.

Still offering my repair service for those that would like it done with a warranty

Please note folks -

If you have the cash and don't mind sending your unit away to Wobbly to be repaired, I'd def recommend his service - the man does great work and a warranty is a bonus. If like me though, you find yourself strapped for cash and bored one day, give it a wee bash. You'll be very happy that you managed to fix something yourself and you'll have saved some pennies into the bargin.

;)

Jod T5
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 17:33
Please note folks -

If you have the cash and don't mind sending your unit away to Wobbly to be repaired, I'd def recommend his service - the man does great work and a warranty is a bonus. If like me though, you find yourself strapped for cash and bored one day, give it a wee bash. You'll be very happy that you managed to fix something yourself and you'll have saved some pennies into the bargin.

;)
I agree, its no big deal at all E5 female torx, transparent sealant, lead solder and iron are the important parts.....
Cheers
Jod

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 7th August 2008, 21:38
Please note folks -

;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence.. for more details see here

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=224

pangster
Thursday 7th August 2008, 21:58
thanks for the write up Dac! :) good job!

Dacvolvo
Thursday 7th August 2008, 22:40
Wobbly - credit where it's due, bud ;)

Pangster - Cheers :D

mexybhouy
Saturday 16th August 2008, 00:56
As with most printed cicuit boards be it stereo's,tv's,radios etc they can dry out or the solder can crack due to heat,movement and age so most times it's a very simple cure especially to the electronic engineer! very helpfull guide to us who are comfortable with a soldering iron without the need for a suction tool ha ha! and well done that man! but if you require an expert to do this at least you know what's involved in your £100- 200 fee for this and i'm in no way saying anything to the contuary each to they're own! but it's a big help! many thanks!!!!!!!!!!