PDA

View Full Version : eggy smell aftre hard push or long journey??????

c70Portree
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 14:13
help i have a c70 t5 gt 99 manual and when i drive FAIRLY not heavily and when on a long run i get and eggy smell coming from the car? could it be the cat? all comments aprreciated?

Filterlab
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 14:15
Yep.

c70Portree
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 14:16
thank you!!!! what does it mean tho? will i need a new one?

Filterlab
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 14:18
No, it means it's working fine. All cats make this smell. You may want to check the boot seal though if the smell is coming in as you drive.

c70Portree
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 14:18
thanks france for that!!!!!!

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 14:19
were you chasing a car with a cat when you were pushing hard? You will get the smell of his cat coming in your vents

Rufe
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 14:21
yes the sulphur smell is from the cat, you may find that changing the petrol supplier you use may help if the smell is very noticeable (i have heard this in the past, but cant say i've ever had to do this in the past)

dooby
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 14:40
Interesting comments - I had a fairly smelly exhaust when my Lambda sensor was on its way out and I was running rich. Maybe the excess fuel caused additional problems with the catalytic convertor and led to more smell? It doesn't smell bad after a run now.

Cheers, Pete

PNuT
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 15:12
neither does mine strangely enough....

Jod T5
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 15:39
neither does mine strangely enough....
Neither does mine but there is often a eggy smell from the seat after a particularly sprited drive...
Cheers
jod